cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HARSHA_AVUNOORI
Participant

Options to renew CCSE which is about to expire in June 2018

Hello Everyone,

My CCSE is going to expire in June 2018 and I just wanted to know what options do I have to keep it alive and extend it for another year or two.

My current employer is not using CP FWs anymore and I don't want to lose this hard-earned certification.

Please do advise me on the options.

Thanks,

Harsha

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

Harsha, see this promotion-your upgrade path is shown here: https://community.checkpoint.com/community/training-and-certification/blog/2018/03/08/take-advantage... 

Thanks,

Tug

HARSHA_AVUNOORI
Participant

Hello Tug,

Thanks for sharing the link, it answered my question.

What would be the syllabus for the update exam and also are there any self-study resources available? 

Please let me know.

Regards,

Harsha

0 Kudos
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

The update exam contains 80% info from the R80.10 CCSE course with 20% from the R77 CCSE.

Attending the CCSE course is the suggested path to prepare for the exam, and the R80.10 CCSE Course Overview can be found here: R80.10 CCSE Course Overview document 

I hope this helps.

Tug

0 Kudos
HARSHA_AVUNOORI
Participant

Hello Tug,

Thanks for your reply.

Is CCSM an alternate way to extend CCSE ? 

If yes, then can I write CCSM 156-115.77 to renew my CCSE or take my certification to the next level ?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Harsha

Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

Yes, passing the next level of certification (CCMSE or CCSM) is another way to maintain certified.  Technically, it doesn’t upgrade your CCSE (it will still expire), but since it is a higher certification level, you will still get all of the benefits of being a CCSE.

Regards,

Tug

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events