Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

CCSE Update R80 - New exam available now!

Check Point Certified Security Expert Update exam is now available on Pearson VUE!
This exam is based on the R80.10 CCSE certification training course. If you ever held a CCSE certification, even if it is currently expired, you are eligible for this Update exam. So you don't need to start over with CCSA R80.

Exam code: 156-915.80
Language: English

Program Announcement
http://vue.com/checkpoint
Check Point Certified Security Expert proves troubleshooting skills and the ability to maximize the performance of security networks.

Check Point Exam Overview
http://vue.com/checkpoint/exams/

Check Point Certification FAQ

Quick reference for Check Points new R80 exam numbers:

• 156-215.80 – CCSA
  • 156-315.80 – CCSE
  • 156-915.80 – CCSE Update
37 Replies
Mark_Fabek
Explorer

Hey @all,

is it possible to extend my CCSE Certification (156-315.77) with CCSE Update 156-915.77 or do I need to take 156.915.80?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

0 Kudos
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

The 156.915.80 is the correct exam for CCSE extension.

Thank you,

Jason Tugwell - Certification Manager

Mark_Fabek
Explorer

Hello Jason,

thanks for your quick reply.

Is there any Study Guide on CCSE R.80?
I can only find one for R.77.

Would be good to know what the exam topics will be.

Also could you please explain why I can choose 156-915.77 on the PearsonVUE Page when it's not valid anymore for an extension?

Thanks!

Mark

0 Kudos
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

A study guide has not been published yet and I do not have a release date for that at this time.

The PV site doesn't have the logic to prevent you from taking this exam, we are working with them to prevent this from happening.

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos
Kamal_Ahmed
Explorer

HI Jason, 

I have attend the exam 156.915.80 today and failed lots of material was old and questions required to answer multiple choices where you only able to  select 1 option. other was a lots of bugs. 

can you please ask you education services to have a look as I have lost $300 and dont want to take again unless these issues are fixed? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Jelle_Hazenberg
Collaborator
Collaborator

Hi,

Thank you for posting this information, i am currently CCSE Certified (R77.30) and want to certify myself for the 156-915.80 exam. How can i prepare if there isn't any study material available?

I did participate on a R80.10 training so i have the R80.10 CCSE study books. Is that sufficient to pass this exam?

Kind regards,

Jelle Hazenberg

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

To check if you are ready for the exam I suggest taking the CCSE R80 practice exam as described here.

R80 Practice Exams

R80 Practice Exams - Available Now! 

Kristof_Vermael
Contributor

Today, I took the CCSE R80.10 update exam and I must say, i'm a bit frustrated about the quality off the exam. I have about 10 years of experience with Check point and I passed the exam so my frustration is not based on a failure.

I found a lot of typo's in the exam and a lot of wrong questions, like questions that are not even a sentence, questions where Check Point forgot the NOT statement and 3 of the 4 answers were correct, really stupid question you should never ask, ...

The most funniest one was a typical auto correct error I also get when typing the commands in for example an email, Check Point managed to get this auto correct error in 3 off the 4 answers, so what should you choose at this point, the answer you know that is correct but has an auto correct answer in the CLI command, or ... .

I would love to review your questions and make this a decent exam, but I think you have employees that get paid for that, or did you hire an intern for this one ?

Please Check Point, fix this quality because I should not feel frustrated after passing an exam.

Martin_Raska
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

thanks for info, I must add that its not only CCSM but also CCSE, where are questions about IPSO and SPLAT, which should be deleted because the exam is about R80.10 and Gaia and not some prehistoric versions and platforms which are unsupported for few years.

It looks like those exams are not really tested by Check Point employees. 

_Val_
Admin
Admin

Kristof and all, your feedback is very important. Check Point Certification manager Jason Tugwell‌ is also a #CheckMates user. Feel free to send him a personal message if you have suggestions on improving the exam quality.

Also, with PeasonVue there is an option to provide feedback during the certification. There is a feedback option for each question. Such input is collected and reviewed by Check Point Educational Services on the regular basis.

0 Kudos
Martin_Raska
Advisor
Advisor

Valeri,

I have reported a couple of emails about text mistake in instructor manuals, presentation and other "instructor tools" like this CCSA R80 study guide, where I think a couple of questions are really not OK. Feedback was provided directly to the certification team and Jason, but nothing happened.

You can check study guide yourself and review it, I'd like to know your opinion,

https://www.checkpoint.com/downloads/professional-services/training/r80-system-administrator-study-g... 

Questions like:

The SmartConsole categories established for objects representing physical and virtual network components, and logical components?

I think the better approach could be that someone from highly skilled technicians should take the CCSE and CCSM exams and provide relevant feedback what must be changed.

_Val_
Admin
Admin

Thanks again, I will check what can be done. I have to stress Education Services team is a small and under a lot of stress. I am pretty sure they will look into this as soon as they physically can.

Kristof_Vermael
Contributor

Hello Valeri,

I comment a lot of question on the exam, but I never got any feedback on it ! 

Being a small team cannot be an excuse for this kind of quality. You pay 250$ dollar for an exam that has not been reviewed, with the possibility that you fail the exam due to wrong questions, typo's, wrong sentences, ... .

I hope these question writers are not Check Point code writers also !

_Val_
Admin
Admin

I can give you my word the exam feedback is being reviewed. It is not part of the procedure to provide feedback on it, though.

0 Kudos
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

Kristof Vermaelen‌ and Martin Raska

I do take the exam quality issues seriously and welcome any feedback or criticism.  

While many hands (including highly skilled engineers and instructors) are involved in the exam creation process, there is still room for improvement.

In addition to making comments during an exam, I encourage you to reach out to me to properly address your concerns.  I will look into these as soon as I can.  Not all comments can be addressed or changed immediately, but they will be reviewed.

Regarding issues with the courseware content and instructor tools, please send these to the Courseware Team. I can assure you that a renewed focus is being made to improve this content and any future concerns will not be ignored.

Thanks,

Tug

_Val_
Admin
Admin

Thanks Tug

0 Kudos
Kristof_Vermael
Contributor

Thanks and no thanks !

His mailbox is forwarded to /dev/null . My guess, in two years I will get the same quality of exam Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Are you answering to me or to Tug? You can address him directly, you know. Here or by all emails above. If you suspect they are not read, put me on CC, although your suspicion is without foundation

0 Kudos
Kristof_Vermael
Contributor

Hey Valeri,

I've sent Jason two mails, a month ago and I was referring to his.

That is something typical, posting on a forum messages like 'I do take the exam quality issues seriously and welcome any feedback or criticism ..... I encourage you to reach out to me to properly address your concerns. ', but not responding to any feedback or criticism.

I rest my case, I have tried to do something  Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

I will let Jason Tugwell‌ to answer that.

0 Kudos
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

Kristof Vermaelen,

I do have your emails and I wasn't ignoring you.  It's no excuse but I have had several other pressing projects to handle and had a response to your email in my drafts and had forgotten to send. (I received your email 2 days after a 2 week holiday and had more urgent issues)

Generally, when I get exam complaints they are from a candidate that failed the exam, which makes my response time more critical.  Fortunately for you, you passed the exam, so I apologize since I didn't respond back.

Of the comments you made, I can see that there are questions that need to be fixed and reviewed for correction-thank you.  

Respectfully,

Jason

Kristof_Vermael
Contributor

Jason,

Thanks for your feedback.

kr,

Kristof

German_Khokhlo1
Explorer

Hello, everyone.
How many questions in 156-915.80 ?

0 Kudos
Kristof_Vermael
Contributor

0 Kudos
Martin_Raska
Advisor
Advisor

Is there any Exam details (156-915.80) or study guide, what exactly is in the exam? I cant find any.

0 Kudos
Martin_Raska
Advisor
Advisor

Thanks Danny, but the question is regarding CCSE R80 update exam.

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

I'm absolutely aware of this. This is the same as CCSE R80.10, which is why I posted you the relevant links. The update exam usually contains the newest questions related to the new version. So if you had attended some CCSE exams before there is a higher chance you will be presented completely new questions.

Martin_Raska
Advisor
Advisor

Yesterday I took CCSE update and I am again disappointed. A couple of questions were really wrong with multiple correct answers and some of them without a correct answer and some of them very very questionable. My guess is 8%. I provided the feedback from the exam but I am not sure if it help. So nothing changed when Kristof Vermaelen reported this four months ago.

Regarding questions reported in CCSA study guide half a year ago, nothing changed too.

https://www.checkpoint.com/downloads/professional-services/training/r80-system-administrator-study-g... 

So my frustration continues ...

BTW I passed the exam.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events