cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create a Post
Highlighted

Re: CCSE Update R80 - New exam available now!

Hopefully, Jason Tugwell‌ will see this,

thanks

Highlighted
Ivory

This issue with bad/wrong questions has existed since I took my first CP exam almost 20 years ago and it's the primary reason why I didn't keep my certifications up to date when my employer didn't require I have it.

My current employer now wants me to regain my certification and I'm disappointed (but not surprised) to see that exactly the same issues are still present today Smiley Sad

Highlighted

I also took the exam yesterday.
I passed (jay for me) however still the exam has the same auto-correct errors (1 year later). Some questions are formulated very badly or questionable.

I don't mind a trick question here and there. But if you have to start constructing your questions in such a way that even fluent English speakers would have to read it 2 to 3 times to actually derive the question....)

We invest time and money in this exam to get the certification yet it seems checkpoint can't even find the time to proofread their own questions before sending it in as an official exam( it's lazy/unprofessional at best, incompetent at worst)

At least send new exams out to your internal experts before sending it to Pearson Vue. They should be able to filter out a lot of the obvious auto-correct errors and confusing/badly formulated questions.

If that is not possible. have some ccse and ccsm volunteer to take a new beta exam for free with extensive feedback, if they pass they get the certificate if they fail it was a free attempt.

Currently I've taken FREE practice exams from other vendors that are better constructed then this exam that costs 200+ dollars.
But seeing as nothing changed in the past I don't expect any change by this post either. An empty promise to look into it at best...

Highlighted

Sadly this has been my experience with Check Point exams for years, regardless of level (CCSA, CCSE, CCSM). Compared to the 10+ other vendors I've done various Pearson VUE exams for, the quality of CP exams is abysmal, sadly.
Highlighted
Nickel

When will CCSE be updated again? Specifically with R80.40 coverage.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nickel

I just sat the CCSE Update exam this morning, passed with a score of 86%.

I must say my experience was unlike anything mentioned earlier in the thread.  Absolutely no questions on R77.30 at all.  Due to the feedback on this thread I kept a very close eye for any idiosyncrasies as well as spelling & grammar mistakes - I did not spot any.

As far as the actual questions go - I never got the feeling that they were trying to catch me out with any of the questions, on the contrary, one could almost always eliminate two answers straight off the bat.  Questions varied from very easy, to a couple of very difficult ones for me.  Also had about 5 high-level marketing type questions.

I have no idea if the exam question pool have changed, what was mentioned is that ten questions will not be scored, which gives me the impression that they are testing / introducing new questions.

I made use of the prep exams that one can purchase on Pearson Vue, that was a great help as I think I got about 15 questions off there, so basically "free" marks.

Highlighted

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I passed the CCSA exam last week and looking forward to go further.
0 Kudos