cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Announcement: New Gateway Performance Optimization Live Online 2-day Class

I'm pleased to announce the next iteration of the "Max Power" series focusing on gateway performance is now an official Check Point 2-day live online class titled "R81.20 Gateway Performance Optimization". This special advanced class was created and will be taught exclusively by myself, and is now available for registration using Cyber Learning Credits (CLCs), CO-OP Funds (Check Point Partners only), or a credit card payment directly at Check Point's website.  The extensive lab exercises are break/fix format and designed around real-world gateway performance problems.

More class details including a free Table of Contents preview & FAQ (maxpowerfirewalls.com)

Class Registration Link (checkpoint.com - choose North America to see class dates)

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
(1)
9 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Looks like a great class!

Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

I'm looking forward to it!

image.png
Hopefully it'll cover RAM performance optimization topics as well.
I've seen so many cases where only a reboot frees RAM and sets swap usage to zero for a couple weeks.

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Oh yes gateway memory issues are definitely covered, in fact attendees start noticing in an early lab exercise that their firewall seems to be having memory issues.  Oopsie...did I do that?  So clumsy of me...

(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Excellent idea to cover memory issues, thats probably something every CP customer experienced at least once.

0 Kudos
CheckPointerXL
Advisor

It is book available for purchase? thank you

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

The coursebook cannot be purchased separately from taking the class; this question was answered in the FAQ at www.maxpowerfirewalls.com.

The reason for this is that normally when a course is written the topics/chapters are determined, lecture segment content is created, and then lab exercises are produced to reinforce what was covered in lectures.  I created this Gateway Performance Optimization course in the exact opposite way: I determined what performance issues could I demonstrate in lab exercises, which drove the chapter organization, and then the lecture segments for each chapter were filled in to reinforce the labs.  As such the lab exercises are the core of the class and everything else flows from them. 

I read some statistic that 90% of people learn best by actually doing something like a lab exercise, so while just reading through the course material and labs without actually doing them would be helpful, doing so is not how the course material was designed to be consumed.  Writing this course was very different from how I wrote the Max Power books which were designed to be from the beginning to be consumed standalone.

(1)
Egenity
Contributor

I recently had the opportunity to attend Tim's new course on gateway performance and highly recommend it to any and all security engineers working with CP gateways.  The lectures, materials and exercises certainly expanded my knowledge, and that's coming from an experience level of 20+ years on Check Point.

Adam Hudson

→ CCSE, CCTE
(2)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

@Timothy_Hall is fantastic, you can tell by just reading his book. 

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

I attended Tim's class this week and I really enjoyed the combination of lecture and lab.
It is important to know that 90% of the time for troubleshooting and optimization is often related to simply identify where to look at. This is where Tim's course helps finding the right direction more quickly.

I feel honored that ccc and several of my other Check Point tools are used in the class.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events