Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Week in CheckMates: 2 February 2018

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
0 0 743

Welcome to "This Week in CheckMates," your weekly highlight reel for all things CheckMates!

Past and future posts will be available here: About CheckMates

To have these updates show up in your preferred RSS reader add the following URL: About CheckMates RSS Feed 

If you can't wait for the weekly update, we also post relevant threads to our social media accounts:

Community Highlights

While I personally took it easy after spending last week in Barcelona for CPX360 and prepping for CPX360 in Las Vegas next week, there was plenty going on here on CheckMates!

iPhone Real-time Push notification on Events 

This is something I wish were built into the product natively, but Keld Norman‌ figured how to add it. Coolest "hack" I've seen in quite some time!

Show Policy in Smartview Web  

You can't view the policy in SmartView, but you can get a web-based view of your policy...

R80.10 - Hide behind many question 

An older thread that's worth highlighting as it comes up from time to time. Otherwise known as "many to fewer" NAT.

Problem accessing standby cluster member from non-local network 

Some detailed troubleshooting of this problem...and a solution!

Domain object failure in R80.10 (sk120558) 

If you have this issue and can't apply the relevant hotfix, there's a workaround in this thread.

How to disable SIP ALG inspection in a specific rule in Checkpoint? Also Could this be done globally... 

Couple of different solutions offered here.

FW object rule report 

You can do this using Show Package Tool and the API.

https://community.checkpoint.com/thread/6315-creating-firewall-rules-per-cli 

Yes, this is possible since R80. Here's a few practical examples of how to do it.

Upcoming Events

If you're coming to CPX360in Las Vegas and Bangkok, CheckMates will be there

Meanwhile, our upcoming TechTalks include:

Tags (1)