Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmoore19975
Explorer

Smart1 cloud migration tool does not recognize SMS and won't run.

I am trying to migrate a stand alone R80.40  JHF take 139 SMS to Smart 1 cloud. I have downloaded the migration script from the tenant and copied it to /var/log. I changed the file permissions. When I run the script, I get the following output:

[Expert@cpsm1:0]# ./maas_export_tools_wiley-z29uvkfa.sh
Export to Smart-1 Cloud is supported from Security Management Server only.

I have already successfully migrated the SMS database to a Smart 1 cloud tenant. In this case, I split out 3 gateways managed by the SMS, and now manage them from a Smart 1 cloud tenant.

I want to migrate the remaining gateways into another tenant. Is having already done a migration of the same database to another tenant causing issues with the next migration?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have a case open with Diamond support, but looking for info on all avenues.

Thanks,

Dave Moore

0 Kudos
12 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

It should not be an issue to migrate the same DB more than once. Please work with TAC to resolve this.

0 Kudos
dmoore19975
Explorer

Thanks Val, appreciate the response. TAC is trying to replicate the issue in their lab. They came back and said that HA should be disabled to run the script. Our environment is a primary and secondary SMS, but not an MDS. Odd thing is, I ran the script the first time with the same HA configuration in place, so, it does not make sense that I would need to disable HA this time.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I agree 100%, it makes no sense to me either. I never personally did it from management HA, just regular single mgmt, but yea, I get what you are saying.

Andy

0 Kudos
TomerLev
Employee
Employee

Hi Dave

Currently Stand Alone migration to Smart-1 Cloud should go through an intermediate phase of manual migration to SMC with TAC and then migrate with the tool to S1C (will be changed soon to be fully tool based).   It is not clear (at least to me) what is the exact layout of the migration(s) you already did and trying to reproduce, you are more then welcome to contact me privately with the ticket ID and more details in order to clarify a resolution.
Thanks
Tomer

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Getting same issue and I can also confirm API status is started.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Let us know if you get it working. I know when I did this last time, about 2-3 years ago, TAC guy told me ONLY import from regular mgmt was supported, not P-1, not mgmt HA and certainly NOT standalone.

Has that changed? I have no clue  : - )

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

As I understand it migration path from a DMS to Smart-1 Cloud is:

DMS > SMS > Smart-1 Cloud

I've completed DMS to SMS migration (however during the import I noted some unusual messages, which have been reported to TAC to investigate).
Reading the useful information here it looks like I need to ensure that no HA SMS objects are used, so will be testing this out.

The original issue I had was to detach the global policy from the DMS.  I found   SK126172 which tells you how to show the Geo_Policy, from here you can just ensure that the GWs are not using the Global Geo Policy.

Once this was done and of course ensuring no global objects are used, I could then export the database (See SK156072 & SK167639).

Next once you create your tenant and fire up S1C application you will see migration tool which should then be able to export the database from the SMS ready to be imported  (not done this bit yet).

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

That makes sense, I recall you sent me those 2 sk's before.

Andy

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Hopefully - I'm almost at the end, but so far, with help from TAC its not been a totally unpleasant experience.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Good to hear, hope it all works out.

Andy

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

So at that problem now where the S1C migration tool does not think I'm running a SMS.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats super odd, never seen that myself...any news from TAC?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)