Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ragee01
Participant

Smart Console keeps losing connection to the Smart-1 Cloud.

I have a customer in Florida that has a 1600 gateway that they are managing using the Smart-1 Cloud. They use SmartConsole to connect to the cloud management,

The problem is that it constantly loses connectivity to the cloud and they have to log back in.

I do not believe that it is an internet connection problem because it did it today, about 5 times in 30 minutes, while I was controlling his screen through a zoom session and we never saw a hiccup.

The Smart Console version is R81.10

Anyone else seeing this? 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

You may need to engage TAC for this...I always work with customer who also uses smart-1 cloud and for anything related to it, we have to contact TAC, as we dont have access to it via ssh to troubleshoot. Now, personally, I would make sure to try few different browsers or give a go via regular dashboard as well, just make sure to input cloud server and enter token from the portal. 

Andy

0 Kudos
ragee01
Participant

Thanks, Andy. They have a ticket open, but no resolution yet. They are using the regular dashboard. I am going to have them try the cloud VM dashboard to see if that helps. The customer is also installing the SmartConsole on another PC to see if it still happens.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

See, the challenge is this...sadly. because product is fairly new, R&D needs to be engaged 9 times out of 10, so the responses might be delayed. Ping me directly if you need help, I can certainly say I have lots of experience with the product myself.

0 Kudos
ragee01
Participant

Thanks. I will update once we have a meeting tomorrow and get more info on it.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

sure, any time, glad to help.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Does the issue occur when installing policy or at random?

If yes please verify your connection persistence settings in the gateway properties as a first step.

Gateway Properties > Other > Connection Persistence > Keep...

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
ragee01
Participant

Randomly. setting idle, scrolling through policy, clicking on object, etc..

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I dont think that setting would have much to do with his issue, its strictly how connections are handled when policy is installed. @ragee01 ...maybe ask TAC to engage R&D for this, because there is literally nothing you can do in this instance, since ssh access is not available. It might not be a bad idea to have them reboot it on back end.

0 Kudos
ragee01
Participant

Thanks. I had customer install the SmartConsole on a different box and it seems stable. This is looking like a local problem on his laptop. I will update once i can confirm.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events