cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BikeMan
Contributor

"Hide internal networks..." and "ISP Redundancy"

Dears,

I am using severals applicance models running R81.10 or R81.20, all are managed by MDM R81.20.

I am looking for some information but can't find anything about my topic, may be someone will help.

To allow communication between networks, I have checked the box NAT -> Hide internal networks behind the Gateway's external ip (we have to avoid big routing update).

So network N1 is reaching N2 and is natted behind the fw ip. Traffic from N2 to N1 is not required.

Things are working fine because I have defined one of the interface (the one connecting the fw to N2) as external then the routing is doing what it is supposed to do.

But I also have to use ISP Redundancy feature which requires automatic NAT  (Hide behind the gateway) for involved network.

Do I have to set the Automatic Hidde NAT for N1 if the box above is already checked ?

If so that would mean I can remove more or less all rules created by automatic NAT (currently more than 200 NAT rules because NAT policy is shared...).

Thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AkosBakos
Advisor

Hi @BikeMan 

Have you checked the R81.20 admin guide?

ISP_redundancy.png

I think that to use ISP redundancy feature you must check  "HideNAT" on those networks whose need to use  de redundant ISP feature.

Akos

----------------
\m/_(>_<)_\m/
0 Kudos
BikeMan
Contributor

With box checked HideNAT is already in place for all internal network....

0 Kudos
AkosBakos
Advisor

Then it should work. 

----------------
\m/_(>_<)_\m/
0 Kudos
BikeMan
Contributor

yes, I know "it should"... but is it working as expected ? That is my question.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events