cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jan_Kleinhans
Advisor

VSX: Maximum Interfaces per VS

Hello,

in the future we will have more than 64 interfaces on one VS. The Interfaces are regular vlan interfaces.

Do we have to change the size of the internal network as described in sk99121 or is this only needed if we would use more than 64 Virtual Switches/Routers?

Best regards,

Jan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sigbjorn
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

You need to increase the subnet of the internal network to be able to add more then 64 vlan interfaces.

This is because VSX is using the internal network to NAT all the VS IP's set on vlan interfaces, and there isn't enough room for more addresses.

I would recommend changing the internal network sooner rather then later, as it will be faster and has less impact.

0 Kudos
Jan_Kleinhans
Advisor

Thank you for your quick answer.
It already has a great impact. So we have to use a maintenance window with full outage when I understand the manual correctly.
I hope it works well.
Thanks,

Jan
0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

Jan,

you really need a maintenance schedule for the procedure of changing the VSX internal subnet.

There is no chance to have a sync running between the cluster nodes.

Check your policy install times, because you have to install policy to all virtual systems after changing this subnet. Without the policy install the internal NAT of the VSX system does not work properly with the new subnet. This could be a long time running process.

Wolfgang

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events