Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elmoki
Explorer

Using Certificate Authentication for S2S VPN in Full HA standalone setup

Hi Everyone,

Scenario:
I have a banking client, they have standalone setup (Sec GW+ Sec MGMT, 6400). They have 4 S2S VPN using certificate for authentication and signed by BCS.
They want to add a new device (6400) to form Full HA Cluster (I followed sk104699) and will keep the old firewall IP as the clustered IP.

Queries:
1. Will there be a problem with S2S VPN after forming Full HA cluster?
2. Is the existing certificate will still be valid after creation of the cluster?
3. If #2 is not valid anymore do I need to generate individual cert for each device or 1 only?

Hoping for response and guidance.

Thanks in Advance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Lesley
Advisor
Advisor

Have you already added the new gateway as firewall object to SmartConsole?

If so, maybe just try to create a new cluster object. In this object add the current firewall and new one.

Then see what will happen in the VPN section if you see a new certificate or the current one you use.

Then make sure to cancel all changes and do not publish. Also make snapshot of mgmt to be sure. 

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos
AkosBakos
Advisor

Hi @Elmoki 

1. The S2S settings are stored in the Policy Package (PSK etc.:) so if you don't change the policy there were no issues.
  2. The new GW will have a new certificate
  3. The certificate generation happens automatically, and the issuer is the Internal CA

This is my basic findings, but why do you want to cretate a new certificate? You will (want) sign in with the Bank's PKI?

A short advise:

When you create the the new cluster object, compare the object settings with the simple cluster settings (eg.: Connection Persistence). This step could avoid of a lot of inconvience. 🙂

Akos

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events