cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yasindu
Explorer
Jump to solution

Remove device from the current smart console

We have checkpoint 1570 appliance and currently licenses expired on it. Currently it manage on smart console install in another server. When licenses renewal we need this gateway remove from current smart console and manage standalone firewall. How can I do this without configuration lost and is it okay to install licenses in to current smart console and then remove from smart console?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

SmartConsole only connects to a Smart-1 Management appliance.
It does not connect to a Quantum Spark directly nor can it be used to manage a locally managed Spark appliance, which can be managed through its WebUI.
When you separate from your Smart-1 Management appliance (switch the device to locally managed), you will lose the configuration.
As I stated previously, there is no way to convert the configuration between the two.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The configuration provided by Smart-1 Management and local Quantum Spark management is different.
Unfortunately, there isn't a way to convert between the two.

Central licenses (pushed through SmartConsole) won't apply when the device is locally managed.

0 Kudos
yasindu
Explorer

Thank you for your reply. For remove device from current smart console should I change this to central to local management or staying central management can I remove this device from the smart console? If I can stay central management after remove the device from the smart console, can I Install another computer (not a server) to smart console from firewall gateway and get same configurations?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

SmartConsole only connects to a Smart-1 Management appliance.
It does not connect to a Quantum Spark directly nor can it be used to manage a locally managed Spark appliance, which can be managed through its WebUI.
When you separate from your Smart-1 Management appliance (switch the device to locally managed), you will lose the configuration.
As I stated previously, there is no way to convert the configuration between the two.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just to make sure we understand this right...You are saying its centrally managed at the moment, but you would like it removed from mgmt server and then managed on its own, but you are worried licences may get deleted?

Or did I miss the point completelly?

Andy

0 Kudos
yasindu
Explorer

My first question is not about licenses. I want to know configurations currently have in the SmartConsole of the server can be deleted or not during the device separation process from SmartConsole. I will address the license issue in a separate question.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I believe it can be, yes.

0 Kudos
yasindu
Explorer

Thank you for your reply. Can I do this without effect to the current configurations?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I would confirm with TAC to be sure, as its been some time since I had customer do this.

0 Kudos
Lesley
Leader Leader
Leader

Extra tip here you can see difference what is supported in central and what is not with local.

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk178604

Not sure if this the version you have but if needed find the correct page with correct version. 

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events