Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bhautik
Contributor

R81.20 first time wizard Gui setup error

seen this issue many times with R81.20 First time wizard gateway setup. during initial setup accessing gateway through public IP, wizard  Next option grayed out, cant complete the setup. Had to connect internally and access the wizard using internal IP then able to setup the gateway. 

Also new admin password set during first time wizard  it wont take effect, its accepting only  default credential admin/admin. 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Lesley
Advisor
Advisor

Could it be, due that this is the internet connection it it checking if the link is up / working? 

Is in fact this internet link working or not? Normally I always skip this step and configure it later. 

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos
Bhautik
Contributor

its remote site gateway, internet link is fine. you can see screen shot attached there is no option to skip, with or without details on at this step, Next option is greyed out. 

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Usually when Next button is disabled (grayed out) it is because you have not filled all the available fields (or active fields).

It might be that a user-friendly validation is missing. Let me know if this is the case.

0 Kudos
Bhautik
Contributor

with or without details on at this step, Next option is greyed out. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I never fill those things out (specifically THAT SCREEN, at that point). Try leave as defauls and see if it lets you contunue. You can always edit after the initial setup.

Andy

0 Kudos
Bhautik
Contributor

with or without details on at this step, Next option is greyed out. 

so here is the scenario, firewall running with R81.20

site is remote location. configured external interface with IP and gateway details. initiated first time wizard  using external IP and at this step - internet connection  with or without details on at this step, Next option is greyed out. so cant complete the first time wizard. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

It definitely could be resource issue. I never had this problem with CP labs before, but absolutely have with Fortinet and Palo Alto, so something to take into consideration.

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

On what hardware are you attempting to install on using what installation ISO/medium?
If a virtual machine, please provide the hypervisor used and details you've configured this VM with (disk space, number of cores, and RAM).

The only time I've seen this behavior is when the system did not meet the minimum hardware requirements for installation.

0 Kudos
fabionfsc
Participant

I have faced the same OP issue once, in a virtual machine (VMware). I had to ran first wizard using clish… Dont even know why that happened.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I find 9 times out of 10, usually web UI access will fail if proper resources are not assigned to VM.

Andy

0 Kudos
Bhautik
Contributor

It’s not VM, hardware 3000,5000,6000 series, while using public IP first time wizard at that stage grayed out, works fine while launching with internal IP, direct connection.

You can test with below scenario,

Assign public IP to eth1, internal IP to eth2

Default route to ISP gateway

Try to launch first time wizard with public IP from different network/ISP and see how far you can get.

Also admin password won’t take effect after completing wizard.

0 Kudos
emmap
Employee
Employee

Have you tried setting the management interface to eth2/the external one before running the wizard? In clish, 'set management interface [ifname].

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events