cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LostBoY
Advisor
Jump to solution

R80.40 S2S VPN

I am looking to set up a S2S VPN with a customer. While exploring for options i came across 2 types of modes i.e. Star and Mesh. Which one should be selected if VPN is to be stablished with 1 customer only.. or any of them works fine in this case.

Also, once the tunnels are stablished how can i verify if the configuration is fine and tunnels are stablished. I had done this in ASA and there was a section where tunnels are visible in ASDM but couldn't find something similar for Checkpoint.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Marcel_Gramalla
Advisor

For all regular VPNs you would likely use the Star Communities. Mesh is only necessary if you want to connect multiple Sites with you and also between them. It's a mesh like the name says 🙂

For monitoring you can ever use the old SmartView Monitor "Tunnel & User Monitoring" under Logs --> new Tab and at the bottom under "external apps".

On the Gateways you can see it even better with this command (Expert): vpn tu tlist -p PEER_IP

You can see all SA with the established subnets etc.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marcel_Gramalla
Advisor

For all regular VPNs you would likely use the Star Communities. Mesh is only necessary if you want to connect multiple Sites with you and also between them. It's a mesh like the name says 🙂

For monitoring you can ever use the old SmartView Monitor "Tunnel & User Monitoring" under Logs --> new Tab and at the bottom under "external apps".

On the Gateways you can see it even better with this command (Expert): vpn tu tlist -p PEER_IP

You can see all SA with the established subnets etc.

Abi
Participant

You can also use "vpn tu" from the command line of one of the Gateways. Select option 3 and put in the specific IP of the peer to verify the status of the tunnel.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Excellent response!!

Andy

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events