Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Duminda_lakmal
Participant

R80.40 Gateway Voice L7 Nat not working

Hi We have an Issue, after upgrading to R80.30 to R80.40 Voice message header contact URI is not nat in the firewall. 

we have checked the topology configuration internally and external - okay

NAT - Static Object NAT - okay

Access rule Configured service as sip(UDP) pre-defined and for tcp-5060, custom service object.

with R80.30 same configuration works fine, but without any changes just upgrade the version to R80.40 voice is not connected. when we execute tcpdump we have observed layer-3 nat working and issue was VoIP packet layer-7 message header contact URI not nat. 

Please advice how to resolve this issue. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Could you please confirm which Jumbo/JHF take the gateway has installed?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Duminda_lakmal
Participant

Hi Chris,

I have tested with T180, T190 and T192

all same having issues. 

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Also suggest working with TAC to validate if the VoIP fixes in T196 are relevant here.

voip.png

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Duminda_lakmal
Participant

Hello Chris,

I appreciate your response. I have an ongoing TAC case, and the TAC team is currently working with RnD to find a resolution. However, it seems like the resolution is taking longer than expected. As a result, I have created this post to explore any alternative solutions that we can implement from our end to upgrade gateways quickly. It's crucial that we complete the upgrade as soon as possible.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
emmap
Employee
Employee

Please check this SK.

Duminda_lakmal
Participant

Hi emmap,

Thank you for sharing the mentioned SK. I have reviewed it, and it appears that the setting "Hide NAT changes source port for SIP over UDP" only applies to port-level NAT changes. However, in our case, we are also observing that the message header contact URI address (SIP Server IP)  is not being NATed.

Based on my understanding, it seems that we will need to configure the NAT settings manually after upgrading to version 80.30. Could you please provide some advice on whether this will also apply to IP level NAT changes(Contact URI)?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
emmap
Employee
Employee

Per the VoIP guide, have you configured the NAT on the network/host objects? 

0 Kudos
Duminda_lakmal
Participant

Hi Emmap,

Yes, SBC (Session Border Controller) we have configured on DMZ and SBC IP address  NAT with Static NAT configuration.

Thank you,

Duminda. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events