Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe_Kanaszka
Advisor
Jump to solution

Proper syntax for ipassignment.conf file for assigning static ip to LDAP user

Good Morning and Happy Friday!

Continuation from yesterday's post - AKA my journey to assign static IPs via the ipassignment.conf file for my remote users...

I'm trying to assign a static IP to a small group of remote users.  The IPs I want to assign are not included in my OM Pool.

My syntax is this:

10.10.10.10 (GW)  (tab)  10.1.1.1 (static ip)  (tab)  John (AD user)

Am I missing something?  How does the Check Point know where the user account is in AD?  I see instructions for authentication cia certificates but we are not doing that - we are just using AD user name and password and DUO 2FA.  

I'm still receiving an IP from the OM Pool.

Edited:

It works!

My syntax was wrong - I forgot to comment out the headers in the sample file.

So my question just so I understand how this username authentication works is this:

In the example above, John is able to receive an IP address because he exists in my AD user directory.  How does the ipassignment.conf file authenticate John?  Does the file use the DNS server specfied in my Office Mode configuration and the DNS points the file to my AD server?

Thank you again!

BR,

Joe

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The gateway already knows who the user is based on the fact the user had to authenticate before being provided access.
When the client is assigned an IP, it will either use the default Office Mode configuration or whatever the ipassignment.conf configuration says (based on the user who authenticated).

View solution in original post

(1)
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The gateway already knows who the user is based on the fact the user had to authenticate before being provided access.
When the client is assigned an IP, it will either use the default Office Mode configuration or whatever the ipassignment.conf configuration says (based on the user who authenticated).

(1)
Joe_Kanaszka
Advisor

Got it.  Thank you PhoneBoy.

Have a great weekend!

-Joe

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events