Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajko
Participant
Jump to solution

Problem with AutoCad licencing servers

Hello,

This is my first post and im not quite sure that right category.

Like you can read in subject, I have problem with AutoCad licencing servers, very often they change IPs so its complicated to add new addresses again and again. I checked logs and i see that all licencing informations come from:

something.amazonaws.com

So I added rule which looks like this:

cp_autocad.png

Is it right and if someone have better solution it will mean a lot to me!

Thank you in advance. 🙂

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
You would not necessarily be able to use the signature tool to create a signature for bypassing HTTPS Inspection as I believe only URL Filtering categories can be used there.
I believe you can create a simple list of hostnames as a Custom App inside SmartConsole and assign it to a specific URLF category that you exclude.
You can exclude the specific IPs instead of or in addition to, but those are likely to change.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
Do the licensing servers have a specific DNS name?
In this case, you can create an FQDN Domain object of the name .license.autocad.com (or whatever the name Is).
Note this requires R80.10+ gateways.
rajko
Participant

Thank you for reply.

I added like this, because it checking for licence from something.amazonaws.com i guess like this is okay.

Screenshot_12.png

Does this avoid https inspection for selected domain because i'm pretty sure that is a problem.

0 Kudos
rajko
Participant

Because this problem is not yet solved, I found out what caused a problem with  Autocad contact with licensing servers. I found out that HTTPS inspection keeps blocking AutoCAD contact with licensing servers, after the whole research I get Signature tool but not sure how to configure it to bypass URL filtering  for the list that you can see below:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/What-URLs-protocols-shou...

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
You would not necessarily be able to use the signature tool to create a signature for bypassing HTTPS Inspection as I believe only URL Filtering categories can be used there.
I believe you can create a simple list of hostnames as a Custom App inside SmartConsole and assign it to a specific URLF category that you exclude.
You can exclude the specific IPs instead of or in addition to, but those are likely to change.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events