Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kim_Moberg
Advisor

Possible to use GAIA as dhcp server and vlan on one ethernet port?

Hi,

I small question but maybe many answers to this?

Sorry if this is the wrong folder / place to ask, but it is related to GAIA. And I do think it is related to both R77.30 and R80.10.

Okay, we have a subsidiary company placed in EU with very few employees.

The just want to use wifi. I've got a CP2200 left over from one of the other subsidiary company also placed in EU, becuase of an CP upgrade to R80.10.

So instead of placing too much equipment on location and to limit troubleshooting time, I would only need my CP2200 + a Cisco Air 1832i wifi controller/access point.

I will need to provide two SSID. One SSID for staff and another for Guests. 

The CP2200 would have eth1 was WAN, and eth2 go directly to Cisco Air 1832i.

How can I use the CP2200 to provide DHCP for both staff and guest networks, and be able to connect site2site vpn between HQ and the subsidiary company?

Can I create two VLAN and DHCP scope on the CP2200?

I have seen guides on the internet using Clish to configure VLANs, but I haven't been able to find a explanation on how to add DHCP pool on each VLAN..

Possible another solution could might be to just defind staff network on eth2, and configure wifi guest with DHCP on the AIR 1832i wifi controller.

I hope this make sense of what I want to achieve.  

Thanks

Best Regards
Kim
0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Yes, you should be able to enable DHCP on different VLANs and give them different address space.

You create multiple subnets each on different interfaces (or VLANs).

Kim_Moberg
Advisor

I understand that part of enabling DHCP server in Giai. I use this feature BUT not really what I look out for in this situation.

I have attached visio drawing to show what I want to achieve.  

I want that simple solution with a CP2200 with only 1 access point connected.

Only 2 employees in this setup, max 3.

Looking forward to meet you next week in Denmark. 

Best Regards
Kim
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I understand what you're trying to do.

You would configure the DHCP server for each VLAN and network segment.

Is it not allowing you to do this?

Maybe attach a screenshot or two showing your attempt at configuring it.

And yes, we can talk more next week in Denmark Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Kim_Moberg
Advisor

I was thinking of using Clish to configure everything becuase the GUI doesn't provide many options.

Example from SK92356 on how to create VLAN interfaces in Gaia Clish. 

HostName> set interface eth1 state on HostName> add interface eth1 vlan 100 HostName> set interface eth1.100 ipv4-address 192.168.1.1 mask-length 24 HostName> save config

and then configure the dhcpd.conf of the Gaia, to DHCP server for those two VLANs.
There is something about from SK92473 - How to add DHCP Server Options on Gaia OS and https://linux.die.net/man/5/dhcpd.conf 

I had another situation where I had to add options to the DHCP server in Gaia, because the GUI does not support options.

Best Regards
Kim
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

All of that sounds feasible to do.

Am I missing something?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events