Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nenad_Odic
Contributor
Jump to solution

Moving from one gateway appliance to new appliances with intent to make clusterXL

Hello guys,

I have VM with management R81.20 and one 5200 gateway R81.10.

Now we have bought two new appliances 6200 that we want in cluster instead of 5200.

So i want to use current old Gateway ip addresses as VIP at this new cluster.

i have all ready prepared physical  ports and addressing  for GW1 and GW2 . But VIP will be the same as current 5200.

I know that this is common task ,so i am asking for some kind of procedure or advice.

I do not want to create new policies and rules from scratch.  😁

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

1) Export the GAIA config via "save configuration <filename>" on the 5200 gateway.
     5200 gateway> save configuration gw.txt

2) Create two new configurations (for example gw1.txt and gw2.txt) and add new IP addresses in the same network segment to all interfaces.
    Do not use the IP addresses of the 5200 appliance.
    If necessary, you must change the interface names on both 6200 appliance in the config file.
    Change the host name in the file for both appliances.

3) Install GAIA R81.10 on both 6200 appliances and start the first configuration wizard.

4)  Import the create configs on both 6200 appliances.
     6200 gateway 1> set clienv on-failure continue
     6200 gateway 1> load configuration gw1.txt

6200 gateway 2> set clienv on-failure continue
     6200 gateway 2> load configuration gw2.txt

5) Now creat an cluster objekt in the SmartConsle and establish the SIC to both gateways.

6) Start "get topology" to get the interface configuration.

7) Now create cluster interfaces and add the old IP addresses of the 5200 appliance as VIP addresses.

8 ) If necessary, replace the old singel gateway in the policy with the new cluster object.

9) Install the policy.

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE

View solution in original post

(4)
2 Replies
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

1) Export the GAIA config via "save configuration <filename>" on the 5200 gateway.
     5200 gateway> save configuration gw.txt

2) Create two new configurations (for example gw1.txt and gw2.txt) and add new IP addresses in the same network segment to all interfaces.
    Do not use the IP addresses of the 5200 appliance.
    If necessary, you must change the interface names on both 6200 appliance in the config file.
    Change the host name in the file for both appliances.

3) Install GAIA R81.10 on both 6200 appliances and start the first configuration wizard.

4)  Import the create configs on both 6200 appliances.
     6200 gateway 1> set clienv on-failure continue
     6200 gateway 1> load configuration gw1.txt

6200 gateway 2> set clienv on-failure continue
     6200 gateway 2> load configuration gw2.txt

5) Now creat an cluster objekt in the SmartConsle and establish the SIC to both gateways.

6) Start "get topology" to get the interface configuration.

7) Now create cluster interfaces and add the old IP addresses of the 5200 appliance as VIP addresses.

8 ) If necessary, replace the old singel gateway in the policy with the new cluster object.

9) Install the policy.

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
(4)
Nenad_Odic
Contributor

Dear Heiko,

thanks so much for this i have done this by now and configured new appliances like you suggested.

I have one dilemma in smart console part of creating a cluster object with the same VIP as the currently active old appliance.

So my question is it enough just to disconnect old GW so that it turns red in console *no connection*,leave it as an object in console ,and than creating cluster object with same VIP .In fact i am confused with possibility that i can not give those IP addresses because they are already taken by the disconnected old GW.

So is it smart to delete old gw object before i start creating the cluster object ?Please is there some pitfalls there?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events