Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tommy_Forrest
Advisor

Load Sharing - R80.30

I am preparing some documentation to configure our 3 node internet edge firewall cluster to support load sharing in case of emergency.  The intention would be to not leave load sharing configured indefinitely.  Hopefully for no more than a week or two.  At which time, the emergency subsides or management buys us some shiny new gear.

This is just one but a few mitigation steps I'm planning for.  Others include disabling IPS and Identity, those will happen before we enable load sharing on this cluster.

The cluster is on R80.30 HF Take 140.

Looking at the ClusterXL Admin Guide, there is a warning on page 20 (this warning is repeated on page 22, 25, and 26) -

"The R80.30 ClusterXL does not support the Load Sharing Modes (R80.20 Known Limitation MB-30)."

Then it goes on to note that "To support the load Sharing modes, you must follow sk162637".

Looking at sk162637 it notes that you must modify your Windows system variables by adding ENABLE_CLUSTER_LOAD_SHARING_R80_20.

And then it goes on to note that the management server must have cpm.sh modified.

This is very confusing.

What does my Windows variable entries have to do with anything?
Does following sk162637 imply that load sharing is supported on R80.30 even though the admin guide explicitly and repeatedly says it isn't?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
This widget could not be displayed.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events