Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChoiYunSoo
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am curious about how to select Active in check point bridge mode.

Hi

I am curious about how to notify Active in the Check Point Bridge mode Active/Standby structure

In a typical L3 architecture, checkpoints broadcast GARP.

Neighboring network devices update the ARP table after receiving GARP

Then, how do neighboring network devices update network routes when checkpoint is in Bridge mode with HA Active/Standby structure?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The whole point of bridge mode is to make it transparent to the rest of the network that the gateways exist.
Each member has a bridge that connects the two sides together.
In an Active/Passive configuration, only one of those bridges is passing traffic at any given time (otherwise, you’d have a loop).
Both gateways should have all the relevant ARP entries, so once a “failover” occurs, the other gateway starts responding while the other one is passive.

At least that’s how I understand it, I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The whole point of bridge mode is to make it transparent to the rest of the network that the gateways exist.
Each member has a bridge that connects the two sides together.
In an Active/Passive configuration, only one of those bridges is passing traffic at any given time (otherwise, you’d have a loop).
Both gateways should have all the relevant ARP entries, so once a “failover” occurs, the other gateway starts responding while the other one is passive.

At least that’s how I understand it, I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong 🙂

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events