Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_Bernat
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to export Gaia config from a firewall

Hi All,

how do I get an editable configuration (equivalent to config/active) from 80.10 Firewall. I would prefer a CLI/WinSCP method. Thank you for any tips. 

This is in regards to the post:  

https://community.checkpoint.com/thread/10198-cant-delete-interfaces-this-interface-is-used-by-the-d... 

Cheers, Tim

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

/config/active is a textual representation of the configuration, but the actual configuration is a sqlite database.

It's internal structure is not documented and, generally speaking, we do not support directly editing it except thru clish/WebUI commands.

Occasionally, such as in the thread you linked, you can use dbget/dbset to try and resolve database inconsistencies.

Generally, the use of dbget and dbset is unsupported.

See: How to use dbget and dbset on Gaia OS 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
AlekseiShelepov
Advisor

Why not just save configuration <file>?

Or it can be also clish -s "save configuration <file>".

View solution in original post

8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

/config/active is a textual representation of the configuration, but the actual configuration is a sqlite database.

It's internal structure is not documented and, generally speaking, we do not support directly editing it except thru clish/WebUI commands.

Occasionally, such as in the thread you linked, you can use dbget/dbset to try and resolve database inconsistencies.

Generally, the use of dbget and dbset is unsupported.

See: How to use dbget and dbset on Gaia OS 

0 Kudos
Tim_Bernat
Contributor

Thanks, I'll have to experiment with that. 

0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

I would use:

clish -c "show configuration" > my_config.txt

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
AlekseiShelepov
Advisor

Why not just save configuration <file>?

Or it can be also clish -s "save configuration <file>".

Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

old habbits 😉

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
spontane2000
Explorer

Bu where we can find the saved file via Winscp? In which direction will be saved?

0 Kudos
spontane2000
Explorer

Bu where we can find the saved file via Winscp? In which direction will be saved?

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Which command did you run and from where to generate it?

It could be in the user's home directory (e.g. /home/admin) or other location, use pwd to verify.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events