cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noa_Moe
Participant

FW is not switching to secondary static route for ISP

IPv4 Static Route

We have a remote site that we're adding a secondary ISP. We use static routing and we're having issues with the FW switching to the alternate route because the next hop is always available. Is there something like Cisco uses IP SLA tracking?

We want to monitor a certain IP and if it is not available switch to the secondary route. That would only apply to this specific network and not our ISP at our main site because I don't think sk102848 applies.

ISP Failover with Default Routes using IP SLA Tracking - Cisco 

How to configure ISP Redundancy Link to fail over only when all configured hosts are not answering t... 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The feature you want to configure is ISP Redundancy.

Start with the initial suggestions in this thread: https://community.checkpoint.com/message/25189-isp-redundancy-2-default-route-pointing-to-different-... 

0 Kudos
Noa_Moe
Participant

I have been reading those but I'm trying to do this for a specific network and not the default route.

Network x.x.133.64/27 I want to route to the gateway x.x.129.129 normally and switch to the secondary x.x.133.1 path if it is down. Both hops are connected to the local network going to different routers.

I need a monitor on the distant end to make it switch over if pings are dropped on the distant end interface. Just using the next hop hits local routers and I need the status of the distant end ISP interface.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Unfortunately, this doesn't appear to be functionality we have currently (for a given static route).

Noa_Moe
Participant

Thanks for verifying that for me. We'll look for another solution.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events