Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Muazzam_Saeed
Participant

Hyperthreading on VSX R80.10

I have upgraded one of my R77.30 VSX (VSLS) cluster to R80.10 using the CDT method. This cluster has 4 nodes.

The upgrade went fine but later I discovered that now Hyperthreading is ON. Before upgrade all Gateways have the status of SMT Soft disable. The gateways were showing 24 cores, now after the upgrade the SMT status is ON and I can see 48 cores.

I am trying to find out if this is a bug and if anyone else has experienced this?

5 Replies
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

We didn't use CDT but "regular" CPUSE on gateways and that kept SMT off as before upgrade. That's on 15600 cluster. What's your HW?

0 Kudos
Muazzam_Saeed
Participant

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Really strange. Cant see how it would do it as it would screw up whole CoreXL set-up and failover between old and new wouldn't be seemless. But again - I never played with CDT

0 Kudos
Muazzam_Saeed
Participant

CDT, only used once, is an automated way of upgrade.

For your upgrade did you follow an SK article?

Was there any downtime?

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

As said, we used CPUSE from command line (installer command set) since it's VSX and webui is not available. 

In nutshell, update gateway object version in mgmt to R80.10 using vsx_util first, then use installer commands to update standby member, fail over and update other member using installer commands. Obviously I have skipped all the backups you should do before you start.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events