cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Itzel_Gtz26
Participant
Jump to solution

Expand the office mode segment

I currently have a 24 bit office mode segment, but I need to extend it, I just have to change the skin on the object and install right?

Or do I need to create a new segment?

What is the best practice for this change?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Correct, just change the subnet mask in the same object and install policy.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Correct, just change the subnet mask in the same object and install policy.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I will tell you what I did with couple of customers and never a problem. Dont bother changing default object for OM (though you can), just create new one, call it say "office-mode-network" and enable NAT (just default hide behind gateway option), give it say 172.16.10.0 and subnet 255.255.254.0 (thats /23, I do know that as bad as I am with subnetting LOL), make sure its configured in all the right places, push policy and vola, thats it : - )

0 Kudos
Itzel_Gtz26
Participant

So both configurations should work?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Yup! What @Danny gave you and what I mentioned, both methods work 100%.

0 Kudos
Itzel_Gtz26
Participant

Thank you both very much.

An additional question, when I make the change will my users who are connected be disconnected? or will it be transparent to them?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

EXCELLENT question. Answer is no, they will not be disconnected...so here, let me give you simple example, because I did this few times with customers and there were no issues. Say you have default OM subnet 172.16.10.0/24 and for argument sake, you decide to use 10.10.10.0/24 instead. If you change it and push policy, users will NOT be disconnected and they will keep having same OM mode (172.16.10.xx), but once they reconnect next time, they will get new OM mode subnet IP from 10.10.10.0/24 subnet. Just ensure new subnet is included in same places as existing one (config, rules, etc...).

And no, they will NOT have to delete/re-create the site either, which is always a good thing, as most users hate doing that (well, at least from my experience : - )

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events