Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChoiYunSoo
Contributor
Jump to solution

Do you know what that message means?

Hi

The message 'kernel: parpdrv ioctl: cmd 2010' occurs in /var/log/messages.

As far as I know, ioctl helps communicate between h/w devices and the kernel.

So I thought the above message was not very special.

However, when checking other cases, we found that the corresponding message is usually output when a fail-over occurs in the vrrp configuration.

Because the customer sent only part of the message, it is difficult to confirm whether a fail-over occurred or not.

So we are currently requesting confirmation from the customer.

If fail-over did not occur, I would like to know why the message occurred.

can you tell us why the 'kernel: parpdrv ioctl: cmd 2010' message occurs?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If I had to guess, parpdrv is "Proxy ARP Driver" and appears to be something unique to Check Point.
I second the suggestion to move to ClusterXL instead as there's no real reason (other than preference at this point) to use VRRP.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

With reference to an old thread which version is the platform in question, is TAC involved here?

ClusterXL is recommended over VRRP. A key advantage being that there is better community support if issues do arise.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If I had to guess, parpdrv is "Proxy ARP Driver" and appears to be something unique to Check Point.
I second the suggestion to move to ClusterXL instead as there's no real reason (other than preference at this point) to use VRRP.

0 Kudos
JaeYoung_An
Explorer

thanks for your reply

Yesterday, the customer actually switched the vrrp status from backup to master in less than 1 second.

If it is a proxy arp driver, it seems to be correct that it occurs every time the vrrp state is switched.

Thanks to you, all my questions have been resolved

thank you. Have a nice day

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events