Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rakesh1313
Explorer
Jump to solution

Deployement Agent is not getting installed

Hi,

I am trying to install the deployment agent via cli, I have uploaded deployment agent in \home\admin.

whenever i am trying to install the agent via command installer agent install (whole path name) (package name).

But it is giving me error that this is not DA agent, I tried to check show installer package.

I am getting error: Connection error, Package list might be incomplete.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

There are three different installer subcommands for applying a package to a box:

• installer install - Used only for jumbos and hotfixes.
  • installer clean-install - Used for mostly-clean installation of major versions. Some configuration is retained, but most is not.
  • installer upgrade - Used to upgrade from one major version to another while retaining configuration.

As long as 'installer verify <package name>' says you're good to upgrade, you just need to run 'installer upgrade <package name>'.

View solution in original post

21 Replies
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Did you download the DA from here https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk92449 ?

Can you please share the exact error you received?

Rakesh1313
Explorer

This is newly installed VM management server with trial licenses 

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Can you please try with .tgz as listed in the SK:

installer agent install <full path>/DeploymentAgent_<build>.tgz

0 Kudos
Rakesh1313
Explorer

Yes, I tried with .tgz but still the same error

PFA screenshot for you reference.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I think your \ is wrong, see below, works fine.

Andy

fwpm1> installer agent install
fwpm1> installer agent install
CLINFR0349 Incomplete command.
fwpm1> installer agent install /var/log/De
fwpm1> installer agent install /var/log/DeploymentAgent_000002325_1.tgz
INFO Installing Deployment Agent package - /var/log/DeploymentAgent_000002325_1.tgz ...
INFO After the installation is complete, the Deployment Agent restarts and the CLISH session is terminated
Interactive mode is enabled. Press CTRL + C to exit (This will not stop the operation)
INFO Installation succeeded. Leaving CLISH
[Expert@fwpm1:0]#

0 Kudos
Rakesh1313
Explorer

Hi @the_rock ,

Thanks, deployment agent is successfully installed. I was using wrong method.

Now i am trying to upgradation of R80.40 to R81.10 via cli,

My package is imported, validated also after validation its showing me in result that package is avilable for clean install & upgrade.

My requirement is upgrade but in default installation it is installing with clean install where my exisiting configuration is lost.

What should i have to do if i want to upgrade with existing configuration via cli.

Please help me at earliest possible,

Thanks.

0 Kudos
(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

First of all, why are you doing this via cli? Supported and recommended method is via web ui. I would say contact TAC if you get stuck, have not done it via cli in who knows how long.

Andy

0 Kudos
Rakesh1313
Explorer

Hi @the_rock ,

Thanks for your quick response.

I spoke with TAC team, they said me that recommended method is via cli, sometimes you will be face issue when you will upgrade via GUI, that's the reason I am trying to update via cli

Because when I am trying to upgrade via GUI, it's asking me option of clean install or upgrade but in cli I am not getting option.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I hate to disagree, but whoever in TAC you spoke with, they are 100% wrong. Recommended method is actually via web UI and if you right click on the package and hit verify upgrade, it would tell you if its compatible.

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend
0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

All methods are supported and should work perfectly. I do not think it is correct for TAC to state that CLI is the recommended option.

@Boaz_Orshav 

(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I agree with you @Tal_Paz-Fridman , BUT, there is a difference between supported and recommended methods. All methods of upgrade are supported, but I am positive web UI is recommended way. Btw, I hope you are safe over there and I pray for peace. Sorry I keep repeating this statement, but I have to, because I lived in war literally half of my life, so it hits home for me, as they say.

I been all over middle east and Israel and you meet amazing people no matter where you go. I know that humanity will win at the end, because all people anywhere on this planet want is to leave in peace and respect.

PurpleHeartHeartBeatGIF.gif

Andy

(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Message me offline, we can do remote, Im just doing some lab stuff anyway, so can help you if you are stuck.

Andy

0 Kudos
Rakesh1313
Explorer

Hi @the_rock ,

Thanks for your kind support, Yes my issue is resolved yesterday.

I just want to know if i want to upgrade version R80.40 to R81.10, so its mandatory to upgrade to latest tool package also?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Great! NOT mandatory, but you should always do it.

Andy

0 Kudos
Rakesh1313
Explorer

Hi @the_rock ,

its need to install before upgradation right?

Just like you want to say that when i am in R80.40 at that time i need to install correct?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

YES AND YES

Sorry, not yelling, just saying yes 🤣

Andy

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

There are three different installer subcommands for applying a package to a box:

• installer install - Used only for jumbos and hotfixes.
  • installer clean-install - Used for mostly-clean installation of major versions. Some configuration is retained, but most is not.
  • installer upgrade - Used to upgrade from one major version to another while retaining configuration.

As long as 'installer verify <package name>' says you're good to upgrade, you just need to run 'installer upgrade <package name>'.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

You got it exactly right @Bob_Zimmerman 👍

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

By the way, what I also did once I moved the file to /var/log is below:

cd /var/log

chmod 777 DeploymentAgent_000002325_1.tgz

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I agree with what @Tal_Paz-Fridman said. As soon as I saw your error, it came to mind that possiblt package ext might be wrong.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events