cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HEnRY
Participant

DHCP on Check Point 3200

Hello Mates,

Kindly assist i have my device Gaia R80.10 device up and running in production. 

1. At the moment i am using Static IP address config to assign ip addresses to end users. 

2. I want to users to get DHCP addresses automatically. 

3. I have used sk92768 but not successful.

4. I dont have an external DHCP servder

Kindly assist. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Murad_Elmgbar
Contributor

could you please share more details, sound like you having multiple subnet LAN, the sk you share to config the eth0 in FW to obtain IP add from DHCP server (not for users).

look at the connection table & log to see why DHCP fails, is it Police Role blocking the DHCP messages . or there no DHCP rely configured.

Please have a look at sk104114 it will help you a lot!.

HTH

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

That SK talks about how to set up Gaia OS to retrieve a DHCP address from a DHCP server.
What you want is your appliance to be a DHCP Server, which requires a different configuration.
Refer to the product documentation: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R80.10/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R80.10_Gaia_AdminGuide/html_framese...
Murad_Elmgbar
Contributor

That's right PhoneBoy, but the question is why use FW as DHCP server, that's takes some of the resource & 3200 has limitation of RAM, max 16G & only one slot, instead Henry can install local DHCP server for end users.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

@Murad_Elmgbar look into p.4 of the post. That answers your question.

@HEnRY post screenshots so we could see what was actually done

0 Kudos
HEnRY
Participant

Thanks to everyone of you for the reply.

Here are the screen shot of my config. 

I equally have less than  100 users. 

Thanks DHCP.JPGDNS & ROUTING.JPGFirewall Policy.JPGInterface Overview.JPGIP ROUTE.JPG

0 Kudos
polaquim
Explorer

Hi, i have the same scenario and the same problem, did you have any solution ?

thanks

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events