Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tiagomarques23
Participant
Jump to solution

Checkpoint R81.20 more than 4000 CPU SPIKES few days

Hello,

Since August 25th, I've had 4,400 CPU spikes (number of files in the directory "/var/log/spike_detective/" on a CheckPoint 9700 cluster.

I learned that migrating from R81.20 TAKE 69 to R81.20 TAKE 76 should resolve the issue, as there was a CPU bug fixed between Takes 70-76.

My question is:
Can I delete the spike files in the "/var/log/spike_detective/" directory?
Is there any risk in doing so?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I believe these are safe to remove.
Having said that, I would take a backup of those files first and possibly check with TAC to confirm.

View solution in original post

(1)
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I believe these are safe to remove.
Having said that, I would take a backup of those files first and possibly check with TAC to confirm.

(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Its 100% safe to remove them. I had TAC verify this couple of years ago when client had this issue. But, as Phoneboy said, you should take backup, just in case.

Andy

0 Kudos
Ruan_Kotze
Advisor

Hi Taigo,

Can you share more info around the CPU issues fixed by T69 / T76? Is it the fix referred to in sk182223 or another one?

Reason I ask is because I am investigating an customer outage caused by CPU utilization, but until we can conclusive say it will fix the issue the customer does not want to upgrade from T65.

Thanks,
Ruan

0 Kudos
tiagomarques23
Participant

It's not official, but what we've seen with different colleagues from other companies is that since they updated between take 70-76 they no longer have cpu spike problems.

In the following link you can see more information: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/Jumbo_HFA/R81.20/R81.20/R81.20-List-of-all-Resolved-Issues.htm (search CPU ... find something on take 70)

1.png

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events