cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
king_slavcho
Participant

Block urls for some security zones

Hello,

I wanted to ask how to block some URLs on the smartendpoint or smart console on my server. I can not find a good tutorial or explanation to do it. I see that i have to assign a security group to the access policy rule but even that i do not know how to configure it.. I also saw that i have to configure a security zone but i do not really see the option where i can put the ip addresses that should be in that security zone. Can someone explain me in details what should i do in order to block an URL just for my internal network? I am using smart console/endpoint 81.10 version.

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sorin_Gogean
Advisor

hey,

are you currently using SmartConsole to define rules in order to allow/deny certain traffic ?

I'm asking because from your post it's not clear you know how to do that.

If the answer is YES, then the same way you define rule that would block the URL's you want. No need for Security Zones, if you don't use them in your environment. Just use as a source single IP's,  IP ranges, or groups that include more .

(for destination you can define Custom URL/Apps that will include the URL's you want to block) 

Ty,

king_slavcho
Participant

I haven't been using SmartConsole for defining rules to allow/deny traffic.. I mean i haven't been defining rules at all.. My question was: how can i even define them.. I want to block certain websites on all endpoints but with exceptions on some endpoints.. Can you tell me how to do that.. Thank you

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

To clarify are you using security gateway as the location of your posts suggests or Endpoint security, if the later please see:

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/Infinity_Portal/WebAdminGuides/EN/Harmony-Endpoint-Admin-Guide/...

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events