Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
king_slavcho
Participant

Anti-Spam & Mail block list not working

Hello friends, I wanted to ask you if someone knows why my Anti Spam and Mail Block List is not working? I insert the mails that have to be blocked but the list is not working.. I save it there and than install the policy to my gateways that are in front of my mail server. Is there anything else i have to do in order for this block list to start blocking mails?

The version is 81.10 and firewall appliances are Check Point Quantum 6400

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Could you please share some additional information like version / type of appliance / diagram etc.

Are the mail servers using SMTP or SMTP (TLS) ?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
king_slavcho
Participant

I wrote the info required above.. The mail server is using SMTP TLS 1.2. Will attach the network diagram if you want also. Thank you

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Is the Gateway configure as an MTA with the TLS certificates?

Refer: sk98973: Encrypted mail traffic (SMTP TLS) is bypassed

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
(1)
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

There are two ways to do SMTP handling on a gateway. AntiSpam blade and ThreatPrevention blade. More informations are needed of your configuration. Is AntSpam blade used and activated, are the directions and/or hosts from/to to scan set correct?

If only encrypted SMTP traffic traversing the gateway you cant‘t block mail addresses…
As I wrote, more information are really helpfully.

0 Kudos
king_slavcho
Participant

The content based and IP reputation spam is set to work on high protection with spam confidence on 90.

The block list has domains and mail but does not work.. I do not know what is the connection between the block list and the content based and ip reputation anti spam filter..

Also checked on the gateways if the blade is working and there it says that its working..

The SMTP and POP3 traffic is set to be scanned by mail direction..

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events