Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SriniKrish
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Adding Gateway to Infinity spark Management

Hello,

I have a spark appliance and would like to add it to the infinity Quantum spark management portal, is there a guide for the same ?

And what does the VPN static primary IP correspond to  in spark?  Do I need to have static public IP on the spark appliance to be able to add to the Portal ?

Pls note the GW is not SMP managed, instead locally.

Thank you,

Srini

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tom_Hinoue
Advisor
Advisor

You don't need a static public IP to register the device to the Spark Management Portal.
You can find the guide for Spark Management here, so might want to take a look as well.
Quantum Spark Management Administration Guide

I believe the VPN primary IP will be based on the link-selection configured in VPN advanced settings on the device if I'm not mistaken.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tom_Hinoue
Advisor
Advisor

You don't need a static public IP to register the device to the Spark Management Portal.
You can find the guide for Spark Management here, so might want to take a look as well.
Quantum Spark Management Administration Guide

I believe the VPN primary IP will be based on the link-selection configured in VPN advanced settings on the device if I'm not mistaken.

0 Kudos
SriniKrish
Collaborator

Hi tom,

This is not for SMP management portal instead Infinity management portal.

Adding a standalone appliance to the infinity management portal

Cheers,

Srini

0 Kudos
yahavb
Employee
Employee

Hi Srini,

Quantum Spark Management application in Infinity Portal AKA SMP, It has replaced the legacy SMP when integrated into the Infinity Portal.

The admin guide that Tom has shared contains the relevant information on how to get started and connect the first gateway to Spark Management.

You have mentioned that the device is locally managed. Does that mean you do not plan to manage it in Spark Management? In that case, you will need to prepare in advance a plan and adjust the "Manage in SMP"  for the relevant topics according to your preference. Note that the default "initial plan" has most features managed by SMP. Make sure that you enable cloud services like periodic backup to cloud, logs storage, statistics, notifications and more.

There is no requirement for having public IP address in order to connect to Spark Management.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events