Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danieldcs83
Explorer

RDP timeout when connecting to the VPN via SSL Network Extender Application Mode.

Hello everybody,

Our client uses a VPN where many users need to use it in SSL Network Extender Application Mode to use RDP to their hosts in the office, last week we carried out a take 150 update to correct the problem of the latest CVE disclosed. After this update, several problems were reported to us with the RDP connection in this Application Mode, users end up being unable to access their host presenting a timeout message. In the logs the access is given as accepted, performing a tcpdump it is seen that the traffic does not reach the host. A ticket has been opened to the TAC and they are analyzing the case.

I would like to know if anyone in the community has experienced a similar problem and or has any suggestions. I thank the attention.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Out of interest what was the previous JHF level and did you apply the workaround from sk181805 at all?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
danieldcs83
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, during our first troubleshoot we made the adjustments mentioned in sk181805, and we still continued with this problem.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

0 Kudos
Lesley
Advisor

Can you check if the version on the gateway reflects what is installed on the client? Some settings on gw can prevent from user getting latest package. With a Jumbo you get a new SNX version. Sometimes i helps to reinstall the snx client if it is running correct version. 

cat $CVPNDIR/htdocs/SNX/CSHELL/snx_ver.txt

To check the version of SNX installed on the endpoint computer:

Operating System

How to Check SNX Version

Windows

Open this file:
%Program Files (x86)%\CheckPoint\SSL Network Extender\ver.ini

Please note the latest version is 80008409 and comes from R81.10 ongoing take 152 (released today).

In R81.10 take 150 i suspect version 80008407

Also what phoneboy posted:

SSL Network Extender (SNX) may encounter connectivity issues after installing Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator.

Starting Take 128

Solved in: take 152

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events