Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NorthernNetGuy
Advisor

R8010 Custom Mobile VPN clients

We have our Check Point Mobile client for windows fairly locked down. 12 hour session reauthenticates, daily timeouts, no cached credentials, etc. All configured in the global properties.

We have some systems that we'd like to utilize these clients on with different settings than the rest (Always connected, automatic, cached credentials). I'd need to find the registry entries for these settings and modify them with a batch file I think. But then I wonder if these settings will revert to the configuration in global properties when they connect.

Is it possible to have two types of clients configured?

3 Replies
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

you won't be able to run 2 ESC's/SecureRemote clients on same Windows (I presume?) machine. VPN TR drivers deals only with 1 Client at the time. Also, you may manually change registry records but due to the policy hook up from its Management it will revert to its original state - are you aware of that? Can you just try to use 3rd party clients instead? There are quite a few but if you VPN Communicty is locked down and "tunned" well then obviously you won't have much fun with it I guess ...
Jerry
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

sorry what you mean by "two types of clients"?
Endpoint Protection Client (FD or not) and SecureRemote (old one?) for example? I have tried this long ago and failed. Not 100% confident it would work just now on ie. Win10 or macOS ...
Jerry
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What I believe you're asking for is different client settings for different groups of users. As these settings are not stored in the registry, you can't use "registry hacks" to enable them.

See: Remote Access clients configuration based on group membership

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events