Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Howard_Gyton
Advisor

R80.30 - Viewing SmartView as a web application via SSL VPN portal (non-native)

Hi,

I can view SmartView via full VPN, and also via Capsule VPN.

But on a host where that is not an option, I have tried to enable access as a web application.

It almost works(!) , but when I click on the link via the SSL VPN, the page attempts to load, I see a spinner in the middle of the screen and the tab at the top of the Chrome browser shows the SmartView text and colour scheme but the login screen never actually appears.

When I had a look in the logs I can see that when I access via full VPN, my office mode address is the source.  Over SSL VPN, it shows the IP of either of the two firewalls as part of the cluster, which makes sense, but these are allowed. I see no blocks.

Has anyone had any luck getting this to work?

Howard

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Rewriting Javascript to operate through MAB portal or similar is, in general, challenging.
Not sure we've tested this but it seems reasonable that we could make this work.
Suspect it's an RFE, though.
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

Hi Howard,

I really agree with you that this would be a nice feature. 

We tried this too but with no success. We created a RFE in 2018 but you know, at the moment this does not work.

I know that that there are some challenges if accessing complex websites via MOB but In my mind Check Points own products should be usable via there own product 😉

Wolfgang

Howard_Gyton
Advisor

I agree that it would be a super useful thing to have.  For example, I'm away on a training course using a machine I have no admin rights to.  However, I have internet access and can get to my portal.  Being able to remotely monitor my firewalls in this way would be extremely useful from a productivity point of view.

Howard

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events