cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avmorales25
Contributor
Jump to solution

Questions about Endpoint VPN and WatchTower

Hi there, i would like to know when will Endpoint Remote VPN will be compatible with MacOS Ventura?

Additionally, i use WatchTower but it hasn't been updated in over 10 months!!!, it currently doesn't work with IOS16. 

Thanks.

Augusto

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin

1. WatchTower does work on iOS 16.x.

2. There is an issue with Ventura, described in sk180209. Applie needs to fix a bug. Also, E86.60 has Early Availability for Ventura, see sk180146

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ok, I cant comment on Watchtower, as I used it ages ago, but as far Endpoint VPN, its fully compatible on MAC Ventura OS, I use it all the time without any issues.

What is exact problem you face with VPN client?

Andy

avmorales25
Contributor

Thanks for your answer. Actually i was basing my question on the fact that it is stated in CKP website that compatibility is up to MacOS 12. After your comment i downloaded it and it's working. Thanks for that! 

Should i post the Watchtower question in another section? I was an avid user of this app until it got broken with IOS16. 

Cheers mate!

the_rock
Legend
Legend

No no, all good : - ). I always do my best to help, so lets see what we can do. Tell me what you try once you have app downloaded? I will get it on my iphone soon and then can do a test, not an issue. Btw, I downloaded latest vpn client for mac, E86.70 and no issues, well, not yet anyway, hehe.

Andy

0 Kudos
avmorales25
Contributor

I appreciate your help!

In my case stays connecting forever after scanning the QR code to add the gateway...i even try to add it manually and happens the same...

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ok, maybe this is a dumb question (sorry, hates me to read guide for this app now lol)...is this designed to simply connect remotely to public IP of the firewall (web UI) or remote access VPN?

0 Kudos
avmorales25
Contributor

it's ok. it connects to the web UI. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ok, so here is what I get, sorry, cant sadly attach screenshot from the iphone. But, anywho, what happens is this...IF Im on my home wireless, obviously IP will be same as my work laptop, and when I enter cluster VIP, which does actually connect to port 4434 on web UI, connection fails and it says it could be dns or gateway settings, which I know its not, as works fine if I try log in via Safari on my iphone or any browser on my work laptop. Now, IF I turn off wireless on my phone and use LTE, it just spins saying connecting and nada, nothing, zilch, zero : - )

So, the question is this...is this app compatible to use with regular Gaia fws OR ONLY smb appliances? 

Andy

avmorales25
Contributor

well, i believe i'm in no position to answer your question. what i can tell you is that it worked before conneting to my SMB 1570 through my iOS devices and now with latest iOS16 it doesn't... 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

No no, fair enough...Im pretty sure @PhoneBoy is right, it only applies to SMB appliances, otherwise, I dont see why it would not work on a cluster thats accessible 100% otherwise.

0 Kudos
avmorales25
Contributor

which brings back to my original question....a security app with no update in over 10 months..smh!!!

the_rock
Legend
Legend

@avmorales25 : - )

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

@avmorales25 I sincerely advise you to double-check your claims. WatchTower works on my iOS16.1.1 phone without any issues. If it is not your case, please reinstall your app.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Watchtower is rated to our SMB products, which means the related query should go here: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/SMB-Gateways-Spark/bd-p/smb-smp

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ah, good point phoneboy, now I recalled when you said that I scanned the code on SMB appliance last time I used it (almost year ago). Not sure if it can be used with regular Gaia fw?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Watchtower is an SMB-only affair.

Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Per sk180146 Ventura is supported (EA) starting from E86.80 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

1. WatchTower does work on iOS 16.x.

2. There is an issue with Ventura, described in sk180209. Applie needs to fix a bug. Also, E86.60 has Early Availability for Ventura, see sk180146

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events