cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ELKAMO
Explorer

Force VPN Checkpoint

Hi,

Is there a way to force users to connect to Checkpoint VPN without using GPO ? That means users can't use Internet unless they are connected to VPN. I have read that many other VPN offer a called VPN Kill switch fonction, does Checkpoint offer a similar one ?

Than you in advance

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlejandroH
Ambassador
Ambassador

There is a feature called “always on”. It was discussed on this thread. 

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Remote-Access-VPN/Endpoint-VPN-and-auto-connect/td-p/47055

0 Kudos
ELKAMO
Explorer

Thank you very much for your response.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

In addition to always on, you will need to configure the firewall policy on the client to block most traffic when disconnected from the VPN.
This requires a full Endpoint license as the Desktop Firewall is only supported with that license.

0 Kudos
Simply_sachin
Explorer

Hi Phoneboy,

I would like to try this out. What kind of policy / rule i should push to deny rest of the traffic but uses end point VPN traffic ?

0 Kudos
Simply_sachin
Explorer

Hi Phoneboy,

Any advice ?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

0 Kudos
(1)
Agent_Smith
Contributor

Is there a way to do this when a user is not VPN block all network access? I was looking and saw that there are inside and outside network options for defining rules. However I'm not sure what defines inside or outside network. If it is just communication with the management station without VPN then this will not accomplish what we want. What is a rule set where we can force VPN, and allow no other traffic unless VPN. I was thinking along the lines of getting an office mode IP then traffic opens, or if the client knows the user isn't VPN then deny all

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

One option might be to look at the "Disconnected" policy, which is enforced when the client cannot talk to the Endpoint Management.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events