cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johan_Rudberg
Contributor
Jump to solution

Endpoint VPN and auto connect

Does the endpoint vpn have a function to auto connect to the gateway once the user brings their client computer home and connect it to the Internet?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

There is an option in the client configuration

auto_connect.PNG

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You have to configure Location Awareness, I believe.

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

There is an option in the client configuration

auto_connect.PNG

0 Kudos
Yasser_Said
Explorer

Hello everyone,

Is there any automated way to disable auto connect in Endpoint VPN Version 81.10. I know this can be done manual, but I need to disable the auto connect in the MSI EPS.MSI. In the past with old version I used to use the adminmode then I can manipulate the MSI as I want. The autoconnect is causing users issues when they are connected to the network from the office. 

0 Kudos
Kathleen_Murphy
Participant

I am having this issue as well.

0 Kudos
Marcos_Vieira
Contributor

There is an option called "Disconnect client when getting an IP from a VPN domain". See it in "https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Remote-Access-VPN/Endpoint-VPN-and-auto-connect/td-p/47055". I think it will solve the problem when the users are inside the office.

0 Kudos
Johannes_Schoen
Collaborator

Hi @Wolfgang :

do you know, where I can set this check box for all the clients?

We want it to be disabled, but setting it in trac.ttm endpoint_vpn_always_connected doesn't help - this parameter is not present in the local trac.config with E82.10

Best Regards
Johannes

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Note the following "global property" also please have a look at the following SK to see if it meets your requirements.

sk108982: How to disable the default 'Always-Connect' on Endpoint Security / VPN Clients before depl...

vpn_connect.png

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
Dominik_E
Explorer

or you recreate the MSI and redeploy it to all clients. You can modify the client by the trac config file and there is an option for always connect. 

0 Kudos
Sanjay_S
Advisor

Hi Chris,

If i change the change the connect mode to Manual then how does it work? I went through the below link but did not get much clarification on this.

https://downloads.checkpoint.com/fileserver/SOURCE/direct/ID/8631/FILE/CP_NGX_R65.4_(HFA40)_Endpoint...

Manual

Always Connect

Configured on Endpoint

Need to get more clarification on these 3 options.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Manual means no auto-connection to VPN is possible.
Always Connect means the gateway forces the client to always be connected via VPN.
Configured on Client means the end user can (optionally) configure the option to be always connected via VPN.

0 Kudos
Sanjay_S
Advisor

Thats great then i can go with the Manual Option 🙂

Thanks PhoneBoy.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events