Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Warnagiris
Advisor

Check Point VPN may not work correctly

Has anyone seen this error?  It's from a Win10 machine.  The machine is secured and managed by CP endpoint running version 80.81.3078.  Does it simply mean its not 64-bit?  When "check for updates" is clicked the browser opens to the endpoint home page with limitless inks...  Just wondering if anyone has seen this before and what the cryptic message means.

Thanks,

Paul

Check Point VPN may not work correctly

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Pretty sure this is a Windows message (not from us) and is probably related to compatibility with the latest patches.

Is there a specific reason you are running E80.81 and not a more recent version?

Most current at this time is E80.90.

We release new versions frequently for compatibility with the latest Windows patches.

0 Kudos
Paul_Warnagiris
Advisor

Thanks for the reply Dameon.  Why not a recent version?  Not that I expect you to look these up, but since we upgraded to get the latest EP functionality we have had things that break.  We get a new client and its fixed, then something else breaks.  Wash rinse repeat until finally everything works and then one of the original problems is back again.  This includes tickets 3-0470656991, 3-0508558711, 3-0510001381, 3-0492675417, 3-0469978131 3-0590743561, 3-0583859311 and 3-0576613241.  For each of these tickets the customer did regression testing and OK'd the upgrade.  As they were being rolled out another issue popped up as more users were using the software so they stop.  Open a ticket, get a new client, regression test, roll out, different problem.  Once again wash, rinse, repeat.

So my only point of explaining this is to let you know why the customer is gun-shy to roll out a new client.  I do understand from talking so some SEs that there is going to be a new client version for each Windows "update" for Win10 because of the way Windows is doing updates.  I want to push the client to the latest version, but they are timid.   Do you agree that with each Windows "update" that we will need to roll out a new client?  I was trying to find some CP documentation that explains this and explains why, but I have failed in that arena.

Ultimately I want them to upgrade.  I am just looking for some supporting documentation.  This case has visibility within CP so its not like TAC is not working with us, but this was just a new pop-up that recently appeared as they are testing new Win10 clients.  The customer is still on Win7, but testing Win10 for a Q2 roll out.

Sorry for the long reply.

Thanks,
Paul

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The reason we are releasing new Endpoint clients so frequently is precisely to ensure compatibility with the latest Windows versions.

See: Check Point Endpoint Security Client Support Schedule for New Operating Systems 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events