cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pianpradana
Explorer
Jump to solution

Check Point VPN Options / Connect won't launch

Hello forum friends, I am a student who is undergoing an internship at a bank. The office required me to download the Checkpoint VPN app in order to work from home using the remote work feature. The problem is when I have installed the application, I click on the padlock icon in the notification tray, and right-click on the icon. Then click on the VPN option or Connect to or Connect. But when I click those three things nothing happens.

The version of the checkpoint VPN I'm using is version E86.10_CheckPointVPN. 

ImKdyd48FA.gif

When I check on services.msc, it turns out the Check Point VPN has depedency error 1068.

YT4kwglBjr.gif

Here's my specification. 

Operating System
Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 Mobile 3550H 53 °C
Picasso 12nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 933MHz (17-17-17-39)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. FX505DT (FP5)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 45 °C
512MB ATI AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics (ASUStek Computer Inc)
SLI Disabled
CrossFire Disabled
Storage
465GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB (SATA (SSD)) 48 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Thank You! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pianpradana
Explorer

Turns out that what was causing the problem was the "Riot" client Valorant clashing with the VPN, this refers to the forum https://linustechtips.com/topic/1370433-riot-vanguard-is-blocking-this-file-named-vnaapsys-which-ca...

I consulted with my coworkers, the problem was fixed by opening Regedit "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\vna_ap" and changing the value of one of the DWORD "Start" to 0.

download.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What build of Windows 10?
Did you check for other Check Point services in services.msc to ensure they are started?

Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor
the_rock
Legend
Legend

First thing I would do is reinstall the client. If still same issue, then follow what @Norbert_Bohusch suggested, it seems like very logical way to fix this issue.

Andy

0 Kudos
pianpradana
Explorer

Turns out that what was causing the problem was the "Riot" client Valorant clashing with the VPN, this refers to the forum https://linustechtips.com/topic/1370433-riot-vanguard-is-blocking-this-file-named-vnaapsys-which-ca...

I consulted with my coworkers, the problem was fixed by opening Regedit "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\vna_ap" and changing the value of one of the DWORD "Start" to 0.

download.png

0 Kudos
lucafi18
Explorer

Hey, I have done this process, but when I try to start valorant I receive a message from vanguard: "Vanguard coudl not initializate the vnaap.sys" How I could soulve this problem?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events