Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ilmo_Anttonen
Collaborator

Certificate warning when enabling SSL cert for Mobile Access VPN

Yesterday I added a SSL certificate to the MAB so that my customers users can log on to the vpn using an URL instead of IP-adress in the connection profile. I was planning to create a new .msi package with the client and new URL and distribute it via GP or put it on the portal site if I managed to put it there.

Now it seems the users are getting a security warning that the fingerprint and the VPN site has changed. Did this happen automatically or is it because somebody told the users there is a new URL? I don't know which yet but was hoping you guys could tell me how it works.

Also, in the future, if this happens automatically. What is the best way to deploy a MAB certificate without the users getting certificate warnings?

Capture.PNG

Thanks!

/ Ilmo

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

users will always have cert. warning tho, it is expected as it prompts for not-fully-pki CAPI certs I guess if I'm understanding you correctly?

did you gave users user-based certs or p12 one?

Jerry
0 Kudos
Ilmo_Anttonen
Collaborator

I don't have any previous experience working with certificates but I followed the SK on how to create CSR and install certificate for MAB. So I guess the .crt I installed on the GW and assigned to MAB is a .p12. I have not issued certificates to the user PCs.

Should I do that? I tried installing the VPN client on a new PC and then there was no cert warning. So I guess it was only for those who already had a relation with that GW. Since it was the GWs self-signed cert before and now it changed, hence the warning. Is that right?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)