cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Fischler
Contributor
Contributor

Add credentials to MAB Guacamole

We are in a PoC for remote Access / Clientless RDP with Guacamole.

I am able to login, select the defined link to a RDP server and can open RDP.  First time I am asked for credentials, second time these saved credentials are reused. That is fine so far.

I can see that the credentials are saved in my environment. We now have the problem, that we need to offer access to multiple RDP servers with different credentials. The credentials are not user specific (I know this is not state-of-the-art but it is how it is). 

We would like to "pre-populate" the credential store so that the users do not need to save it the first time (they do not even need to know the credentials). Is there any way to pre-define / add default credentials to all users? Or can we add it to the "web-app (link)" that describes the RDP destination? Any other idea to solve this?

I can see these credentials are saved on the firewall and it lookes like it is a sql db called UserSettings.sql. But I have no information how to copy data into that db.

CCSM-E | CCVS
0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

0 Kudos
MaksimBahunou
Employee
Employee

Forwarded question to the appropriate people

0 Kudos
MaksimBahunou
Employee
Employee

Hi @Daniel_Fischler 

What I figured out:

1. Currently MAB doesn't support pre-configuration of the same credentials across end-user records.
  2. Filling the 'UserSettings.sql' DB with pre-configured records is not trivial because of data organization in that DB.
  3. The idea of extending the link format is nice, but there is no native support of any obfuscation of the password string.
  4. Probably, an RFE to allow configuring some default credentials should be opened. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events