Did you mean: 

R81 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator - New GA Take #44

Yifat_Chen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus
0 7 7,530

Cover image preview

Hi All

R81 Jumbo HF Take #44 is now our GA take (replacing take 36) and is available for download to all via CPUSE (as recommended) and via sk170114.

Release Highlight:

• PRJ-24985 -  Added ability for R81 Security Management or Multi-Domain Server to manage R81.10 Security gateway.
  • PRJ-24690 - Added support for SAML authentication method for Remote Access VPN. Refer to sk172909 for configuration instructions
  • PRJ-30926 - In some scenarios, when ipassignment.conf file is used, Remote Access users cannot connect due to Office mode allocation failures. Refer to sk175448 

Full list of resolved issues can be found in sk170114

Thanks,

Release Operation group

7 Comments
mkushner
Participant

We have installed JHF T44 on several of our firewalls and have detected a general DHCP problem:

1. VPN users cannot consistently get OM DHCP address from external DHCP server.  (The main fix listed in T44 is related to DHCP from a local file, not from a DHCP server.)

2. Telephones and computers cannot receive address from DHCP server.  We installed T44 on one of the firewalls in the cluster.  Left the other at T36.   When we move to T44, DHCP stops working.  Go back to T36, all works.

We have a case open with Checkpoint (which is moving very slowly), but I am curious.  Has anyone else installed R81 JHF T44 in a production environment?   Has anyone else experienced DHCP issues?

Thanks

micha

Naama_Specktor
Employee
Employee

@mkushner 

Hi 🙂

I will appreciate it if you will share checkpoint SR number .

thanks,

Naama Specktor

mkushner
Participant

6-0003071298

Lionel_Boucher
Explorer

We have upgraded a VSX Cluster to R81 take 44.

We had a DHCP relay problem. We had to move ou rules from "legacy DHCP" to "new DHCP services".

See sk98839

Hope this helps

Lionel

genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

I would prefer a Jumbo not to break legacy installation as the impact is highly disruptive, can this be fixed please.

Arne_Boettger
Collaborator

I keep wondering why we are getting warnings during policy installation for a lot of strange things, but there was never a warning about legacy DHCP services. 

Maybe such a warning could help us discover bad configurations and prevent inexperienced admins from using them?

_Val_
Admin
Admin

@Arne_Boettger 

R8x.x are using new DHCP service. When upgrading from R77.x to R80.x, pre-upgrade verifier does warn about legacy DHCP services used in the rulebase and urges them to be replaced. This is how that warning looks:

Legacy DHCP Relay services were found in the security rule base. Action is required in order for DHCP Relay to function properly post-upgrade...

Ideally, this issue should be addressed years ago already.

Labels