Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R81.20 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator take #10 has been released today (formerly, Ongoing)

Shir_Alchek
Employee
Employee
2 13 2,585

Shir_Alchek_0-1682852255221.jpeg

Hi All

R81.20 Jumbo HF Take #10 is now our Recommended Jumbo take (formerly, General availability) and is available for download to all via CPUSE (as recommended) and via Jumbo documentation (R81.20

Release Highlight:

• PRJ-45903 | After Installing Jumbo Hotfix take 8 on Maestro members, they might perform up to 5 reboots and stay eventually in down state with “Configuration” pnote. This is a result of a mismatch in ‘pep_conciliation_scores.C’ between the member and the SMO.
    After installing Jumbo Hotfix Take 8, Identity Session Conciliation mechanism may be impaired. Refer to sk180862.

Full list of resolved issues can be found in the Jumbo documentation ( R81.20

New: Starting from R80.40, Central Deployment allows you to perform a batch deployment of Hotfixes on your Security Gateways and clusters from SmartConsole!!

For more information, see sk168597.

Thanks,

Release Operations group

13 Comments
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I made post about it last week and I really like this jumbo, made my R81.20 lab way faster, even though it showed only 1 fix included, which was not even relevant in my case.

Andy

the_rock
Legend
Legend

@Shir_Alchek ...just wanted to mention something customer told me the other day. They said it would be super cool if smart console had option for some sort of pop-up or something to light up when recommended jumbo is out for version being currently used on mgmt/gateway. Not sure if many people may had said that before, but figured would just pass it by you : - )

Shir_Alchek
Employee
Employee

@the_rock - Thank you for your feedback! We will take it with you offline to understand the request.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks guys...honestly, it was just a light discussion I had with a customer, they more mentioned it as something that would be nice to have, thats all...sort of like when upper left corner lights up in the dashboard when new smart console build is available. They wanted to know if something like that would be possible for say recommended jumbo for version they are on with included listed fixes.

Anyway, I responded to the email : - )

Cheers and shalom!

Andy

Petr_Hantak
Advisor
Advisor

Great news! I agree with the_rock. We noticed same notice from some our customers as well.

@Shir_Alchek now when HFA 10 is GA, does it mean that the R81.20 will be finally recommended version as well? Because in R81.20 SK is still recommended R81.10. This is still showstopper for some conservative customers which we have.

Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

@Petr_Hantak  Not exactly, the guideline is June time frame per discussion here:

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Topics/R81-20-not-quot-recommended-quot-yet/m-p/178556 

the_rock
Legend
Legend

@Petr_Hantak Maybe I spoke little too soon : - ). I noticed big difference initially (for the first 2-3 days), but now its back to normal, nothing is really diffferent from take 8.

Andy

Eugene_Brown
Participant

I noticed a couple of mentions of 'lab'. Is anyone using this in production yet?

the_rock
Legend
Legend

We had not recommended it to anyone yet, as R81.10 seems super stable, plus, R81.20 is not official recommended version by CP as of yet. I did talk to customer this week who is super interested in R81.20, but I told him to wait, because it made them feel more comfortable to "take the plunge" once its recommended version by the vendor.

Andy

Petr_Hantak
Advisor
Advisor

@Eugene_Brown well we have some customers running it on Mgmt servers without issues. We noticed some problem with LDAP connection to some really old AD server (newer installations not affected). Check Point updated some some logic for that between R81.10 and R81.20. Fix already found with TAC and I expect that will be also handled in next versions of HF.

About security gateways we deployed some as well but only when customer really wanted and with very basic blades. So, we are waiting for an official announcement as well. 

G_W_Albrecht
Legend
Legend

@the_rock , @Petr_Hantak - i need no light up when recommended jumbo is out for version being currently used on mgmt/gateway as i can see this in my dashboard very well:

updates.png

And i hate any shouting into my face 😉

the_rock
Legend
Legend

@G_W_Albrecht Always appreciated for making me laugh 😂😂

MatanYanay
Employee
Employee

Hi All

In order to make sure all are aligned with our Release Terminology & Recommended versions:

R81.20 Jumbo HF Take #10 is recommended for customers using R81.20 version.

Check Point Recommended version for all deployments is still R81.10 Take 335 with its Recommended Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator. R81.20 is expected to be declared as recommended in the near future.

For more information, please refer to sk95746

Labels