Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New GA SmartConsole (Build #550) for R81 is available

Yifat_Chen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus
1 10 1,860

Yifat_Chen_0-1617888096451.png

A new GA SmartConsole (Build #550) for R81 was released today  (Replacing build #549) and is available for download.

For more info please refer to sk170116.

Thanks,

Release  Management groups

10 Comments
Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor

Hi,

that's the first new SmartConsole Release since I installed Build #549. So this should be first "auto-update" of SmartConsole. But it is not happening. Can I force this? Check why it is not working?

Thanks

Norbert

Raz_Shlomo
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi,

Indeed this is the first "auto-update" build.

We are gradually deploying it.  

Stay tuned!

if you still wish to get it right away to your desktop, let me know and I'll check what we can do.

Thanks,

Raz

Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor

I hoped there is a button or a way through SmartConsole.config to force the update check 😉

RamGuy239
Advisor
Advisor

We are past three weeks since the release of build 550. I have multiple machines running R81 Smart Console Build 449 and none of them has yet to automatically update and there is no way for us to manually check for updates.

This auto-update feature seems rather confusing at this point. Does Check Point have any details on how this is all supposed to work? How slow will the gradual deployment be? Should we expect to have new builds being automatically applied days, weeks or months after a new build is made available?

Ted_Serreyn
Collaborator

So we have R81 build 550 just released.

We have R81 portable also released.

and we have R81 build 555 for managing endpoint in the cloud.

We have no R81 build 555 portable?

When are we going to see the integration of these client features so we can go back to using a single client?

I understand the reasoning behind R81 and R81 portable, but adding the separate endpoint client that can't be installed on the same machine is a PAIN.

CPIshai
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi all,

I am gathering the information to reply to you all with the most up-to-date and accurate data.

I'll update soon.

Thanks,
Ishi

CPIshai
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi all,

We are planning to be fully deployed by end of the week, please update me if you don't see the changes.

Also, as part of the learning process, we are reevaluating the times of deployments so our customers will enjoy the benefits of this feature faster.

Thanks,

Ishai 

Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor

I did not receive an automatic update yet.

How can I force it or check why?

CPIshai
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi @Norbert_Bohusch ,

I understand that we reached to you and the problem now is solve, am I right?

We will update sk171315 to reflect the issue that you encounter and more.

Thanks,
Ishai

Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor

Yes, thank you.

Labels