cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexander_Wilke
Advisor

Skyline - undocumented metrics with job "otlp_agent"

Hello,

I could find several metrics in my Prometheus/Mimir environment from CheckPoint devices with different "job" than the commonc and documented metrics.

the neu job is "otlp_agent" and contains a several new metrics which are not documented. Any ideas why these are not documented and why they use a different job value?

otlp_agent.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Elad_Chomsky
Employee
Employee

Hi @Alexander_Wilke ,

Over time we are adding more metrics to Skyline, to expend the system, some are not yet documented - we are working with the matching personnel to clear the gaps. 

0 Kudos
Alexander_Wilke
Advisor

deployment_package_info lists all JumboHFAs which were installed. Unfortunately it lists JumboHFAs which are not installed anymore because of an upgrade. So I can see JumboHFA Take110 and JumboHFA Take150.

There should be an additional label which tells the user if this jumbo is the installed/active one or if this jumbo is inactive/uninstalled/upgraded. To get an overview of the most recent jumbo this may be important.

In addition there is a label with "installation_date" - unfortunately this field is a string. strings cannot be sorted, Better would be to use unix timestamp which woul allow to sort the timestamp and would respect the timezone.

Do I have to forward this to my presales engineer or will you forward it?

0 Kudos
Elad_Chomsky
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I will take your feedback internally. 

0 Kudos
Alexander_Wilke
Advisor

Hello again,

here the view from the Grafana metrics browser which shows two installed JumboHFAs.
Please note the value on the right site which in both cases is "-1"

Maybe another idea/possibility could be to set the value to "0" for uninstalled/inactive/upgraded and "1" for installed/active

In addition you can see the hints for the timestamp issue on "installation_date"

deployment_package_info.png

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events