Do backup and snapshot as suggested. Hope you have console access to device or someone physically is there. I will suggest go with fresh clean install.
- Do fw unloadlocal ( good to do this step but not required)
- Login to the firewall web interface and clean install the R80.30 major version fresh install and upgrade file from CPUSE.
- After reboot, Complete the first time configuration wizard with our standard new settings. You may have to enter the following setting or simply confirm it and say yes.
- Name: xxxx-xxx
- Internet WAN- yes check the interface and IP address how you are connecting to Web Gui,ssh, smart console
- DNS: xxx.com, IP of DNS x.x.x.x
- NTP: x.x.x.x
- SIC: cpconfig option 5, do fw unloadlocal (on dash-board gateway reset sic)
- Gateway x.x.x.1
- On ssh : Set expert-password enter password save config
- Verify that the network interfaces, static routes, and default gateway settings were not removed
- On SMS - Change the version on the firewall object from R77.30 to R80.30.
- Install Access Control and Threat Prevention policy. Access Control policy needs to be installed first.
- Download / import the R80.30 version latest jumbo hotfix as a package (T237)
- Once the jumbo hotfix finishes downloading, run the install
- After the hotfix installs, Install the policy again
- verify remote connectivity to the firewall web interface and other connections
BACK OUT PLAN
- Restore the firewall to the snapshot that I created before the upgrade.
- Install the firewall policy onto the firewall.