Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Garrett_DirSec
Advisor

status on cloud-based SmartCenter service. doofus alert!!

Hello --  where do I locate status on SmartCenter management-as-a-service? 

I recall this was recently released specifically for endpoint, and I understand work continues on SmartCenter gateway management in cloud.

I tried various searches that couldn't find anything that I would expect.    "smartcenter cloud", " cloud- based smartcenter", "management as-a-service" all returned nothing relevant.

I'm hoping I just missed the boat and there's an obvious place where info resides.

In addition, target release dates and info on EA programs would be appreciated.

please advise.  thanks -Garrett

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Dorit_Dor
Employee
Employee

Ep maas available GA under portal...

Regular management (maas) is ea. Contact the ea team - we have production EAs and look for more

Garrett_DirSec
Advisor

thanks @Dorit_Dor and @PhoneBoy .   The quick replies very much appreciated.   -GA

0 Kudos
Garrett_DirSec
Advisor

Hello @Dorit_Dor (and @Tomer_Noy  Mr Mgmt).   

I was surprised to learn the EA limit of five gateways for the Management-as-a-service EA (aka "MaaS").  

Is this an example of "baby steps" and you fully plan to support more gateways in future?

The target CP customers that have expressed interest in MaaS concept have hundreds of gateways (retail locations).  However, when they learned of five gateway limit, they were turned off and immediately skeptical that product not being released with their usage in mind.

Ideally, they would like MaaS to include managed logging and, hopefully, some portion of SmartEvent in future road-map.

Can you please provide insight on MaaS gateway limitations for EA, initial GA, and farther plans?

thanks in adv. -GA

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

This is definitely a case of "baby steps" and there is a plan to support more in the future.
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Officially, the product is called Management as a Service.
We have an EA running currently if you're interested in joining.
Amir_Jaron
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

The currently supported deployment in the EA and the 1st GA phase is SmartCenter.
There is a clear roadmap and plan to reach higher scale as the product get mature.

For the current EA phase, please start a discussion with the team at maas@checkpoint.com

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events