Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable
Jump to solution

"Incompatible Usercheck objects" message during R77.30 Smartcenter migration to R80

Hello,

I've performed several migrations from our R77.30 LAB Mgmt to R80 and EA3 was the last successful migration.

After downloading the latest R80 migration tolls I ran into some errors which are new to me:

Title: Incompatible Usercheck objects

-----

* Description: Threat Prevention contains Usercheck objects with incompatible names

These Usercheck objects do not match the naming conventions supported by R80.

A solution will be provided in April 2016.

To resolve the issue, remove white spaces and hyphens from the object names:

Anti-Bot Blocked

Anti-Virus Blocked

Company Policy Anti-Bot

Company Policy Anti-Virus

Cancel Page Anti Malware

Threat Emulation Blocked

Company Policy Threat Emulation

Company Policy Threat Extraction

Threat Extraction Success Page

Threat Preventation was never used in our LAB environment.

Does anyone know how I can fix these object names?

As mentioned in the text, there should be somewhere a solution but it is still April and mabye it isn't released yet.

Thanks

Pascal

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

On April 25, Check Point updated its R80 page and replaced its R80 Management installation files. The new files resolve the user check issue and eliminate this pre-upgrade verifier message.

For the full list of resolved issues with this hotfix, see R80 Security and stability enhancements for Security Management server (Hotfix #1) .

The issue that you described is resolved under this task:

If the Threat Prevention profiles action is Ask, malicious sites can be reached with no redirection to the Anti-Virus ask page.

Basically for the GA release from last month, such objects were blocked during export with the pre-upgrade verifier message.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

In the R77 SmartDashboard, go to the Threat Prevention tab...UserCheck.  Edit each of the UserCheck objects and either replace any spaces with a "_", or simply remove the spaces in the UserCheck object names.  These are default objects and will exist even if you have never used Threat Prevention.

--

My book "Max Power: Check Point Firewall Performance Optimization"

now available via http://maxpowerfirewalls.com.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hey Tim,

Thanks for your fast replay. I fixed it as mentioned by you but first I had to activate it via "File" => "Add policy Type to package" and then activate "Threat Preventation".

I hope that this solution is available soon.

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

On April 25, Check Point updated its R80 page and replaced its R80 Management installation files. The new files resolve the user check issue and eliminate this pre-upgrade verifier message.

For the full list of resolved issues with this hotfix, see R80 Security and stability enhancements for Security Management server (Hotfix #1) .

The issue that you described is resolved under this task:

If the Threat Prevention profiles action is Ask, malicious sites can be reached with no redirection to the Anti-Virus ask page.

Basically for the GA release from last month, such objects were blocked during export with the pre-upgrade verifier message.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events