hi Raz, once again thanks a bunch for your kindness and support during this challenging times.
As mentioned by email I've managed to sort myself out of trouble by simply doing 2 things:
1. cloned R80.40 based policy to new R81-based policy (on StandAlone R81 Appliance) and named it differently.
2. Installed DB then Policy and got it all successful,
3. Verified new policy and all ended up GREEN (Successful).
4. Re-enabled HitCount in Global Properties
5. Check if hitcounts increases - and they will presumably in 15 mins. ish so looking fwd to it.
Seems I've sorted myself really after couple of sk's and your suggestions to review cpm.elg (what I heavily did!).
Cheers folks. You all ROCKS!