Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LaRockas
Participant
Jump to solution

Top Services Report - Dummy question !

Deal all , 

I am trying to report DNS service for example from my Console Reports . I a,m using the default build in Report Network Activity and for example to the TOP Services , dns is not shown . Either if i add more entries than the 10 it has by default . 

I also tried to make a clone to the report and make some changes , but it seems that the service DNS has no information . 

Its sure that i got a lot of DNS drops . Is there anywhere else it could filtered ? 

I am not expert to making Reports i am still learning ! 

Thanks in advanced 

Makis 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

I have a couple solutions you can try:

1) SmartView doesn't index connection logs. Make sure that you have session logs for those logs. If you don't have, see which rules generate those logs and change track option to include sessions as well.

2) Try to add filter to the view/specific widget. You can filter in/out some parameters/services in case DNS is simply not on the top 10 or so. You can also increase the number shown on the widget.

Kind regards, Amir Senn

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

I have a couple solutions you can try:

1) SmartView doesn't index connection logs. Make sure that you have session logs for those logs. If you don't have, see which rules generate those logs and change track option to include sessions as well.

2) Try to add filter to the view/specific widget. You can filter in/out some parameters/services in case DNS is simply not on the top 10 or so. You can also increase the number shown on the widget.

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
LaRockas
Participant

Hi Amirse , 

After enabling the Sessions to the Track Option it started to collect statistics . 

I don't know what overhead may have to the SMS either performance view , or storage . 

Thanks again 

Prodromos 

0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

For every session logs you have multiple connections, so if you're SMS performs well I wouldn't worry.

You can check what is your log rate and compare it to the HW recommendation in general if you're not sure.

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events